Matrix Guys- What about BG Bulge?? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> John Tiller's Battleground Series

acwbuff63 -> Matrix Guys- What about BG Bulge?? (11/16/2007 8:28:16 PM)

Just wondering!

Adam Parker -> RE: Matrix Guys- What about BG Bulge?? (11/18/2007 10:31:51 AM)

The AI in this game was brain dead.

But that aside, it's the best looking tactical Bulge game I've ever seen. Given a good AI it would give the forthcoming Panther Bulge game a run for its money.

(I bought it waiting for West Front all those years ago. IMO West Front was its replacement).

Atle -> RE: Matrix Guys- What about BG Bulge?? (11/18/2007 3:16:16 PM)

Are there any patches for BG:Ardennes/Bulge and 32Bit updates I should download & apply? I would like to reinstall and try this game again [8D]

Erik Rutins -> RE: Matrix Guys- What about BG Bulge?? (11/18/2007 6:05:21 PM)

Dave would be the one to explain this for certain, but my understanding is that, although we have the rights to Bulge/Ardennes, no one has the code any longer to make any changes or improvements at all - at some point, it was lost. That's the stumbling block that kept that title out of the release plan.

acwbuff63 -> RE: Matrix Guys- What about BG Bulge?? (11/18/2007 8:43:00 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Dave would be the one to explain this for certain, but my understanding is that, although we have the rights to Bulge/Ardennes, no one has the code any longer to make any changes or improvements at all - at some point, it was lost. That's the stumbling block that kept that title out of the release plan.

Hmmm, John Tiller doesn't have it?

Erik Rutins -> RE: Matrix Guys- What about BG Bulge?? (11/18/2007 8:52:33 PM)

Again, Dave would know for sure, but as far as I recall - yeah, no one has it.

MartNick -> RE: Matrix Guys- What about BG Bulge?? (11/18/2007 8:57:28 PM)

Apart from a little nostalgia, I can see no reason to get this game. The CS series surpassed this game in every department.

parslow66 -> RE: Matrix Guys- What about BG Bulge?? (12/24/2007 2:31:19 PM)

I had BB Ardennes and thought it was pretty good. What is the CS series you speak of? Would be interested to take a look if it's as good as you suggest.

Hertston -> RE: Matrix Guys- What about BG Bulge?? (12/24/2007 5:40:49 PM)

John Tiller's Campaign Series. See the store, and indeed a few forums down.

5915961t -> RE: Matrix Guys- What about BG Bulge?? (9/16/2008 9:41:40 PM)

So, nobody, no one, no human being is able to patch this *marvellous* wargame, not even JT ?!! The last patch I downloaded is called BGB_134.EXE of June 11th 1997. In fact (after MS Windows XP pro SP3 ?), I am no more able to play this game, because I had to reinstall it, and it "remembers" the drive it was installed for the first time from, not the current one ; the desinstall procedure UNINST16.EXE does not function (makes no log file, and/or does not recognise DEISL1.ISU).  What to do now, sit down and weep  ; – )  : – (
Now if you can help, please do not refrain !

marcbarker -> RE: Matrix Guys- What about BG Bulge?? (9/18/2008 6:32:11 PM)

It seems as though there was a 32 bit patch out awhile back....i know tiller had the gettysburg etc....chickmauga there was a specific work around and I thought there was a 32 update for battle ground

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI