RE: Today is the day - Finally (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815

JavaJoe -> RE: Today is the day - Finally (11/27/2007 5:07:41 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marshall Ellis

Erik:

I'll order mine right away :-)

No soup for you!

demonterico -> RE: Today is the day - Finally (11/27/2007 5:35:37 AM)

We've been waiting for years, whats a few weeks more.  (Not that I'm not excited about this release.)  Don't worry about me. As soon as the full: digital + disc + manual release is available I'm buying it.  Then just ship it when its ready.  This is about wargaming, not about Christmas as far as I'm concerned.  Besides the uninitiated buy me shirts and ties for Christmas (Oh thank you, what a nice tie.) I buy my own wargames.[;)]

Murat -> RE: Today is the day - Finally (11/27/2007 6:30:47 AM)

I return my shirt and ties so that I can buy more wargames :D

Odysseus -> RE: Today is the day - Finally (11/27/2007 7:37:27 AM)

Methinks this will indeed be a very merry Christmas!

sol_invictus -> RE: Today is the day - Finally (11/27/2007 3:52:08 PM)

I wonder if Matrix would accept socks and underwear; new of course; as barter?

ravinhood -> RE: Today is the day - Finally (11/27/2007 8:16:49 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Just fixed it - looks like someone checked one of the boxes accidentailly that they shouldn't have, which auto-fills the release date field with today's date. Apologies for the confusion, there was no intention to cause any distress. Right now, we're looking at a timeline centered around next Wednesday (28th) for release of EIA.

Yeah I know who did it (on purpose also) it was Marc, he knows how we've all been waiting for this one. Just had to get one more snipe in before release he did I betcha. ;) Hey Erik can you say how many MB's it is to download? I might chance this over dialup if it's not to many. I hate to wait a month or more longer really for the physical copy. But, I do want a manual sometime in the future. So, I'll have to pay that exhorbatant fee for direct download and physical I guess (dadgumdarnitgrumblemoancurse). ;)

SamuraiProgrmmr -> RE: Today is the day - Finally (11/27/2007 8:27:43 PM)

Isn't the cost of Physical the same as the cost of Physical + Download?

Or am I dreaming?

Guenter -> RE: Today is the day - Finally (11/27/2007 8:30:30 PM)

That's the way Matrix used to handle this. I hope this is still true.

ravinhood -> RE: Today is the day - Finally (11/27/2007 8:31:53 PM)

This is going to be one of the FEW games that I would say the price is fair considering what we are getting. This is a game that has unlimited replay value. It is a game most all of us old timers grew up playing. It's one I'd still play if I had other wargamers in my area interested in it. I'll just forego my christmas purchases from Matrix for this one. NWS will have it for $59.99 PHYSICAL shipment and that's fine by me. I'm not a fan of downloading things like this anyway. If there's one game I'd want to have the PHYSICAL version from Matrix it would be this one. Something I discovered as I was reading some of my ole computer games magazines recently from back in 1991 and 1992 is that games WERE this frickin high back then as well, but, I was using outlets like Chips n Bits to get things $10 to $20 less. Yeah $50 games were pretty common actually. It's just that there were retail outlets and outlets like Chips & Bits that gave huge discounts even back then. Today we call them BARGAIN BIN prices, but, these were just special discounts back then. You'd do yourself a disservice if you didn't get that 128 page COLOR printed manual as well. PDF Manuals SUK SUK SUK in my book an always will. ;)

Murat -> RE: Today is the day - Finally (11/27/2007 8:33:13 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ravinhood
I might chance this over dialup if it's not to many.

Spend the extra $20/month and get cable internet =)

ravinhood -> RE: Today is the day - Finally (11/27/2007 8:37:13 PM)

Ummm NO ;) Do you realize how many more wargames I can buy with that $20 savings a month? As long as NWS is still in business I don't need that cable or DSL really. ;)

demonterico -> RE: Today is the day - Finally (11/27/2007 9:37:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Murat

I return my shirt and ties so that I can buy more wargames :D

Good idea[:D]

Ursa MAior -> RE: Today is the day - Finally (11/28/2007 4:37:41 PM)

How much can you buy from ten bucks?

For me it is two movie tickets or two bottles of good wine or 2 magazines for my kids and one for me, or dunno a kilo of medium quality cheese. Almost 2 boxes of napoleonic cavalry 1/72 (plastic made in Russia by Zvezda), a year subscription in the local library, a 1000 pcs BB bag for my airsoft gun, or half pair of protector gloves for the same hobby. A good, but discounted softcover book, 8 liter 95 octane fuel. That's it.

Is it that much? If yes then I am a rich person.

jinks -> RE: Today is the day - Finally (11/28/2007 9:24:24 PM)

what can I say....hmmm

Program: "DONENOTDONE"

010 START
020 Write "Is it done yet??!!"
025 WAIT 5 seks
030 IF TRUE GO TO END
040 IF FALSE GO TO START[>:]
050 END
060 Write "MATRIX rocks[&o]....WOHOOO[:o]"
070 Write ".... and now I have to download the game[:'(], lock my doors, turn of my phone and hope I got enough food in the house[8|]....ohh and call in sick at work[:D]"

Sorry for the spam....but wonder how many times it will say "Is it done yet??!!"

cdbeck -> RE: Today is the day - Finally (11/28/2007 9:43:55 PM)

Did you actually add in a command line to allow user to enter True/False to answer the question, "Is it done yet?" Otherwise... would it not go forever? [:'(]

Yeah, I'm really wishing they had stuck with the original date... but Tuesday isn't TOO far away.

SoM

Murat -> RE: Today is the day - Finally (11/28/2007 10:26:34 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ursa MAior

How much can you buy from ten bucks?

For me it is two movie tickets or two bottles of good wine or 2 magazines for my kids and one for me, or dunno a kilo of medium quality cheese. Almost 2 boxes of napoleonic cavalry 1/72 (plastic made in Russia by Zvezda), a year subscription in the local library, a 1000 pcs BB bag for my airsoft gun, or half pair of protector gloves for the same hobby. A good, but discounted softcover book, 8 liter 95 octane fuel. That's it.

Is it that much? If yes then I am a rich person.

Wow! Here it is 1 movie ticket (you get $1 back), no good wine but 4 bottles of 2 buck Chuck (again you get some coins back), dunno on the magazines, maybe .7 kilos of the cheese (1.5 pounds), 1 box of cav (small box, like maybe 6 pieces), library cards are FREE but that would not buy you a zoo nor an aquarium membership, about 10000 BBs, only really cheap gloves, a cheap paperback and 12 litres of high octane. So if you need cheap liquor gas or weapons we are your place to be, otherwise maybe get stuff from the EU [:D]

TheHellPatrol -> RE: Today is the day - Finally (11/28/2007 10:57:43 PM)

[&:]10 bucks? Pfffffffftttttt! A couple gallons of gas OR a pastrami sandwhich.....[8|]

cdbeck -> RE: Today is the day - Finally (11/28/2007 11:36:25 PM)

What! $10 can buy you 10 items at the $0.99 store! [:'(]

SoM

JavaJoe -> RE: Today is the day - Finally (11/29/2007 1:55:43 AM)

$10 will get you a fillipino transvestite hooker and a pint of value rite vodka.

Remember you get what you pay for.[:D]

New York Jets -> RE: Today is the day - Finally (11/29/2007 2:29:37 AM)

OK. It's the 28th.

So. Where is it?

mrpharmacist -> RE: Today is the day - Finally (11/29/2007 2:34:19 AM)

aye...where is it?

jjax -> RE: Today is the day - Finally (11/29/2007 2:36:37 AM)

see: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1625913

1LTRambo -> RE: Today is the day - Finally (12/2/2007 6:08:02 PM)

Thanks Erik
This info is very helpful.

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI