Fast animations (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Commander's Edition >> Tech Support

CapnDarwin -> Fast animations (11/21/2007 3:53:32 AM)

Is there a way to slow down the launch and hit animations? They pop up and down so fast I almost miss them.

TonyE -> RE: Fast animations (11/21/2007 6:17:11 AM)

There is no way to adjust their speed.  Usually people turn them off, I happen to find them quite comical and sometimes riveting.

Just how fast are they coming and going?  (for comparison they stay up a second or more for me)

Perhaps a good follow up is also how long would you like them to stay visible?

CapnDarwin -> RE: Fast animations (11/21/2007 2:09:22 PM)

I would say I'm seeing the same thing you are. Depending on missile volley size a second or two. I think if it was about half the speed or so you could catch it all if the option was turned on. It would feel a bit more like the old game or the new CAW.

I also jump in without reviewing the docs last night and I noticed that the max patrol zone was 255nm, I assume that is a game limitation. Is that a number that could be increased in an update? Makes setting patrols from land bases a bit restrictive.

Thanks for the followup.

CV32 -> RE: Fast animations (11/21/2007 3:07:35 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Capn Darwin
I also jump in without reviewing the docs last night and I noticed that the max patrol zone was 255nm, I assume that is a game limitation. Is that a number that could be increased in an update? Makes setting patrols from land bases a bit restrictive.

The 255 nm limit is for 'formation patrols', i.e. patrols attached to an installation like an airfield. You can set longer range patrols (up to the limits of the aircraft's endurance) but they won't then patrol within a certain defined zone, like they would if it were a formation patrol. This is something we are continuing to look at improving.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI