New Empires in Arms Screenshots! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815

Alex Fiedler -> New Empires in Arms Screenshots! (11/21/2007 12:03:41 PM)

Forward march! New images from the highly anticipated Napoleonics strategy game now available

Matrix Games and Australian Design Group (www.a-d-g.com.au) are thrilled to release a new pack of screenshots detailing the official computer adaptation of Australian Design Group's classic board game, Empires in Arms!

Also, be sure to check out the first edition of the Empires in Arms After Action Report now featured on the Matrix Games website. This AAR is just the first part of a larger, multi-edition feature which comes complete with plenty of screenshots and videos illustrating the fantastic gameplay gamers have been waiting for!

David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said, “Empires in Arms is Napoleonics at its very best. Everyone from old fans of the classic Empires in Arms board game to wargamers who missed this great gaming system will find themselves addicted to this title the minute it hits their PCs.”

Marshall Ellis, Lead Developer on Empires in Arms, said, “Everything has come together fantastically with the development on Empires in Arms and there’s no doubt gamers who have waited for this title with great patience will not be disappointed!”

Take command of one of the many factions in early 19th century Europe! Empires in Arms in a grand strategy turn-based race to prove which nation is the greatest in Europe. In a bid for mastery over the continent, players can succeed where Napoleon failed or try to stop the military genius quicker than his historical enemies could! Diplomacy and economics will be the sharp bayonet and ferocious cannon that complement your direct military might as any of the major powers in 19th century Europe! As you conquer your weaker foes, use the money and resources from fallen nations to recruit new units and replenish your ranks. France, Great Britain, Prussia, Turkey, Russia, Spain and Austria all stand ready with their full resources, generals, armies and fleets for you to take command. Join the intricate and deadly contest of power that changed a continent.

The slightest mistake could be the difference between the crown of Europe or exile to St. Helena. Step into history and find your destiny in Empires in Arms!

http://www.matrixgames.com/games/screens.asp?gid=285

ASHBERY76 -> RE: New Empires in Arms Screenshots! (11/21/2007 8:00:10 PM)

AGEOD has just made all these wargames look bloody obsolete in graphics terms.This looks like a game from the 1980's.

typhoon -> RE: New Empires in Arms Screenshots! (11/21/2007 8:18:00 PM)

Agreed on the look and the Ageod games are excellent to play as well but this is something different a complete Napoleonic Wars campaign for one thing.

Erik Rutins -> RE: New Empires in Arms Screenshots! (11/21/2007 8:20:15 PM)

Ashbery,

I agree that AGEOD's games look great, but I think some of our titles are up to the same level. EIA is a great looking game considering how long it has been in development, the art was finished some time ago and works and looks great if you consider it as an adaptation of the board game. Graphics should be informative, clear and help set the mood for the game in the case of historical wargames and I think EIA's succeed in that.

Also, the hyperbole about the 1980s is unnecessary - take a real look at a game from the 1980s and then come back and say that again. [;)]

Regards,

- Erik

SamuraiProgrmmr -> RE: New Empires in Arms Screenshots! (11/21/2007 8:28:45 PM)

I own one AGEOD game and I think the graphics are too pretty.  They get in the way of playing the game rather than helping convey information.

Just my opinion.

Odysseus -> RE: New Empires in Arms Screenshots! (11/21/2007 9:29:42 PM)

I honestly don't care as much about eye-candy anymore. For too long, the gaming industry has been so fixated on such things that game-play of any but the most rudimentary kind has been fairly neglected. Here's finally a game that totally centres on game-play. If it, as it seems, is a successful adaption of the board game, I'll be a faithful player for years to come!

[&o]

YohanTM2 -> RE: New Empires in Arms Screenshots! (11/21/2007 10:51:25 PM)

screw the eye candy, give me a good game wtih functional graphics, this is not a first person shooter

Stewart -> RE: New Empires in Arms Screenshots! (11/22/2007 1:35:30 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ASHBERY76

AGEOD has just made all these wargames look bloody obsolete in graphics terms.This looks like a game from the 1980's.

I agree that AGEod's games are great to look at and fun to play[sm=duel.gif] but EiA's is an adaption of a great board game and I kinda like the board game graphics feel. [:D]

sabre100 -> RE: New Empires in Arms Screenshots! (11/22/2007 4:32:52 AM)

I have all of the AGEOD games, BOA, AACW, and NC and the graphics are nice however I think this game graphics are perfect for it.  I like EiA's graphics based on the screenshot as well.  My only issue is and correct me if  I am wrong I think this game can only do 1024x768 resolution ?   Can it be run in "windowed mode"  that would be a nice option to have.

Ursa MAior -> RE: New Empires in Arms Screenshots! (11/22/2007 11:02:35 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yohan
screw the eye candy, give me a good game wtih functional graphics, this is not a first person shooter

Second to that.

Adraeth -> RE: New Empires in Arms Screenshots! (11/22/2007 12:35:33 PM)

Graphics is not so important imho,in addition AGEOD title is really good and smart and looks good, but EiA is a different game, first of all is an adaptation of a boardgame, then EiA encompasses diplomacy and economics; so a comparison should not be made only because they are about the same period.

pzgndr -> RE: New Empires in Arms Screenshots! (11/22/2007 6:03:36 PM)

quote:

Well duh. It IS a game from the 1980's. Let's see if AGEOD games are still being played 20 years hence, fancy graphics or no. Games like EiA and WiF are still being played and considerable effort is being made to convert them into quality PC wargames which retain the original time-tested features. Thank you Matrix!! It's all about thoughtful gameplay, not fancy graphics for the instant gratification generation. But for an old 1980's game, from the latest screenshots and AARs the graphics and interface look very well done. Very nice. [:)]

BoerWar -> RE: New Empires in Arms Screenshots! (11/23/2007 3:54:19 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ursa MAior

quote:

Second to that.

Third, give me a great game. Heck with the graphics.

PunkReaper -> RE: New Empires in Arms Screenshots! (11/23/2007 5:01:50 PM)

Great graphics...poor gameplay....been there done that. Give me great gameplay anyday!

sol_invictus -> RE: New Empires in Arms Screenshots! (11/23/2007 6:54:05 PM)

I am rather spoiled and picky, so I usually want both excellent graphics and gameplay. I think I could probably count on one hand the number of games that I have played that meet that high benchmark in the last fifteen years. The graphics in EIA are functional and acceptable while not horrible, and basicly look like the boardgame, so I am satisfied.

gazfun -> RE: New Empires in Arms Screenshots! (11/27/2007 7:14:05 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ASHBERY76

Yeah Ive dowloaded the demo AGEOD, and its is good, however there is big differance mate like, there no political, you are stuck with Historical starts, you are limited in the making your own history. And you are restricted in fighting in a limited operational level game.
Id rather have flexibilty in making my own history, and forging a future, than what was restricted in the use of history, shouldnt we leave it where history was, and make a bit of our own.

j-s -> RE: New Empires in Arms Screenshots! (11/27/2007 2:59:58 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arinvald
I am rather spoiled and picky, so I usually want both excellent graphics and gameplay.

I would like to have more games with exellent gameplay. I don't care for graphics so much, for example I don't want any moving pictures and so on. In strategy games I want good rules and not too much details. EiA in boardgame is exellent game, so I would like this game to be as close as it can be.

And yes, good graphics are "must" in some games, but most not in strategygames.

von Curow -> RE: New Empires in Arms Screenshots! (11/29/2007 5:05:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins
Also, the hyperbole about the 1980s is unnecessary - take a real look at a game from the 1980s and then come back and say that again. [;)]

But hyperbole is the lingua franca of the internet! [;)]

And you are absolutely right, Erik. Games from the 80s hurt my eyes when I look at them now. [SHUDDER][/SHUDDER]

Mike Scholl -> RE: New Empires in Arms Screenshots! (1/6/2008 9:10:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BoerWar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ursa MAior

quote:

Second to that.

Third, give me a great game. Heck with the graphics.

Forth from me. I've seen far to much "eye candy" foisted off on the public as a game..., which then proves totally unplayable or downright stupid. The GAME is the thing!

La Provence -> RE: New Empires in Arms Screenshots! (1/6/2008 9:45:37 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Right !
But the AI is realy 1960-70 [8|]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI