Oldtimer looking for an ancient scenario (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III

Slush -> Oldtimer looking for an ancient scenario (11/25/2007 3:50:06 AM)

Hi

I put TOAW on the shelf years ago, but recently dusted it off. I haven't upgraded to TOAW III, but still run my old ACOW version.

Now I'm looking for the scenarios I made back in the days. One them, "2nd Battle of Kharkov 1.0", I've already found. But I'm still missing one:

I think it's called "Operation Zealand" or "Invasion Zealand". It features a full scale air and amphibious attack by Warsaw Pact forces on the Danish main island of Zealand somewhere in 1986 or '88 or so.

I've looked through all my backup disks, I googled for it, and I looked through the scenario depots still online. Unfortunately to no avail. Maybe someone here still has an old copy?

thnx/slush aka holger wilcks

golden delicious -> RE: Oldtimer looking for an ancient scenario (11/26/2007 3:47:40 PM)

Holger? No way! I'll bring Colin over...

Slush -> RE: Oldtimer looking for an ancient scenario (11/26/2007 4:09:45 PM)

LOL! Yeah, it's been a while.

Nemo69 -> RE: Oldtimer looking for an ancient scenario (1/9/2008 2:07:05 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Slush

Hi

I put TOAW on the shelf years ago, but recently dusted it off. I haven't upgraded to TOAW III, but still run my old ACOW version.

Now I'm looking for the scenarios I made back in the days. One them, "2nd Battle of Kharkov 1.0", I've already found. But I'm still missing one:

I think it's called "Operation Zealand" or "Invasion Zealand". It features a full scale air and amphibious attack by Warsaw Pact forces on the Danish main island of Zealand somewhere in 1986 or '88 or so.

I've looked through all my backup disks, I googled for it, and I looked through the scenario depots still online. Unfortunately to no avail. Maybe someone here still has an old copy?

thnx/slush aka holger wilcks

I happen to have version 1.1 sitting on my archive hard drive. Most probably in the original version (TOAW vol. II ?), so you'll have to have it converted by someone who still has his TOAW vol. 2 disc in case you don't have it anymore.

P.S. : after downloading the file, change its extension from .txt to .zip as only txt, bmp and jpg files can be uploaded to the forum.

Cheers,
Marc

Slush -> RE: Oldtimer looking for an ancient scenario (1/9/2008 11:07:20 AM)

Thank you very much! I couldn't be happier!

It turns out it's a COW scenario, so I didn't have to convert anything.

cheers/slush

panzerpelle -> RE: Oldtimer looking for an ancient scenario (1/13/2008 8:40:33 PM)

welcome back old friend..I am still wondering how the evening with Peter ended.. I had to rush for the train to early...

L`zard -> RE: Oldtimer looking for an ancient scenario (1/14/2008 10:13:22 AM)

holger wilcks !!

Good Gravy!, been a long long time since that name showed on the boards!

I'll have to look about, but Methinx I've a question concerning one or more 'old' scenarios by this designer I've always wanted to play, eh?

Great!

Slush -> RE: Oldtimer looking for an ancient scenario (1/14/2008 12:18:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: panzerpelle

welcome back old friend..I am still wondering how the evening with Peter ended.. I had to rush for the train to early...

Well ... if I remember correctly we went to a posh reception for an underground magazine, held at the Danish Bible Association. How the people behind the magazine managed to swing that one remains a mystery to this day. Luckily we were as wasted as everyone else, so we could fit right in.

I've been toying around a bit with TOAW:ACOW again, and I'm thinking about doing an "Invasion: Jutland" featuring the defensive battle of the LANDJUT Corps (Danish Jyske Division + German 6. Panzergrenadierdivision). A lot of material has been declassified so it could be quite accurate.

The thing is, though, that it's a massive undertaking, and I'm just not sure I'm really that interested to be honest. [:)]

cheers/holger

Slush -> RE: Oldtimer looking for an ancient scenario (1/14/2008 12:20:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: L`zard

holger wilcks !!

Good Gravy!, been a long long time since that name showed on the boards!

I'll have to look about, but Methinx I've a question concerning one or more 'old' scenarios by this designer I've always wanted to play, eh?

Great!

Sure, ask away. There should be a Kharkov scenario out there somewhere. It's fairly accurate, but I'm not really happy about the space/time dimensions I chose, the movement rates are a bit to low for my liking.

cheers/holger

panzerpelle -> RE: Oldtimer looking for an ancient scenario (1/14/2008 6:12:06 PM)

Time is relative...i for myself Has been buried in work and family..my only escape being the TOAW design.....about 30 min a week...slow going but its HAS a direction...[:D] There is an ongoing project on the tankers.net which covers more a less all of NATO and some neutral countries here:
NATO OOB Mk VII

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI