run time errors in the utilities (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support

coachferrier -> run time errors in the utilities (11/26/2007 5:39:56 AM)

ok, when I go to edit some user made teams in the utilities set, when I choose a team I get two run time errors
first one says "run-time error 380 invalid property value"
second one right after that says "run-time error 429 active x component cant create detail"

this doesnt happen with all user created teams. just a certain few.

David Winter -> RE: run time errors in the utilities (11/27/2007 10:36:21 PM)

Hi.

Please zip up and send the league file for the league showing this problem to support@wintervalley.com Also please include the procedure for reproducing the error.

Thanks
David

coachferrier -> RE: run time errors in the utilities (11/28/2007 11:33:37 PM)

hopefully I did the zipping right...should be in the email provided

here's how the error comes up
go to your utilities.

Click "league"
scroll down to "team tools"
choose "edit team"
select "washington 8 man"
choose "easton thorp jaguars"

you should get the errors

coachferrier -> RE: run time errors in the utilities (11/29/2007 8:13:15 AM)

alright well i tried to send it from a variety of different emails and it kept bouncing back to me, so now i'm not sure what to do.

David Winter -> RE: run time errors in the utilities (11/29/2007 7:24:50 PM)

Hi.

I've sent a PM with additional emails.

thanks
David

David Winter -> RE: run time errors in the utilities (12/1/2007 9:30:30 PM)

Hi Coach.

I received your file. I noticed that the email had no subject header. When you sent it to me previously, did you include a subject header? If not, that's likely why my spam filter bounced it back. Without a subject the filter would squash it.

Anyway, I was able to reproduce the problem fairly easily. I do have a couple of questions though. How did you create this team? Was it the game front end, or the utilities? Did you edit the league in any outside tools? Manually, or via some sort of 3rd party editing tool?

I ask because the value for Geographical_Location is set at a value that it shouldn't be set to through the normal process of creating a team. When you create a team the value can only be between 0 and 3 based on the option you select. However in this case the value is a 4.

thanks
David

coachferrier -> RE: run time errors in the utilities (12/2/2007 7:38:18 AM)

david--i'm not advanced enough to use a 3rd party tool. I just created it in the game utilities.

coachferrier -> RE: run time errors in the utilities (12/11/2007 5:33:19 AM)

hey david, i just created a new league and the same exact problem happens with every team. what am I doing wrong?

David Winter -> RE: run time errors in the utilities (12/11/2007 5:42:19 AM)

Hi.

[Edit] - Finally figured out what was causing this. It will be corrected in v2.2. In the mean time, I'd suggest just using the core game to view/edit your teams.

thanks
David

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI