Strange kinda firing loop ultimately leading to crash (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> John Tiller’s Campaign Series Support

sorrowman -> Strange kinda firing loop ultimately leading to crash (11/28/2007 12:44:12 PM)

OK, so here's the deal. I've picked up the game the other day and set out to play an Eastern Front campaign called the Polish Tragedy on a regimental level. I used to play the game back in the day when Talonsoft released it so I'm still pretty mailiar with the basics of the game, tho it's been a good long while since I played it because I lost my East Front CD somewhere along the way. But anywayz, here I am I'm in the middle of my first battle and something strange happened.

At some point I sent a scoutcar ahead to see what enemy units might be waiting for me in the distance[8|]. At some point this scoutcar apparently ran into one or maybe multiple enemy units (can't see what's in the hex) that began firing on my scoutcar, but the thing is.....THEY WON'T STOP FIRING. I've been waiting for a good long while now, but some unit, or maybe multiple units (I can't tell for sure because the hex still appears to be empty, all I can see is enemy fire coming from it) kept firing on my scoutcar. The scoutcar isn't affected by the enemy fire, but they just keep on firing and firing. As though the games is in some kind of loop. Ultimately I had a CTD (crash to desktop) and that was it [&:]

Any clue as to what happened here, or what can be done to avoid it, or fix it when it occurs again? Needless to say this was a bit of a disappointing first experience with the re-release of this series, but hopefully someone can tell what is going on here and can be done to fix/avoid it.

THX in advance,

Sorrowman

EDIT:
After I made this topic I found an older thread about what appeared to be the same problem. Pointed to some temporary 1.02B patch that I found just now. Downloading it as we speak and gonna go and install it according to the instructions. Hope it will fix this issue for me as well.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI