Visible Units Question (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III

jreebel -> Visible Units Question (11/28/2007 4:41:49 PM)

I'm a noobie, just starting on the Korea tutorial to try to learn the system. There sure is a lot of learning involved!

Anyway, as I poke around the screen I see more and more of what is available, but a lot of what I see is not explained in the manual. I've found some good stuff here and other places online. But one thing I see that I haven't been able to find is this.

When I click on the Visible Units Button, I see a bunch of colored circles in 2 of the modes, regular display and no unit icons in the other 2 modes. What do those circles mean?

a white rabbit -> RE: Visible Units Question (11/28/2007 5:13:18 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jreebel

I'm a noobie, just starting on the Korea tutorial to try to learn the system. There sure is a lot of learning involved!

Anyway, as I poke around the screen I see more and more of what is available, but a lot of what I see is not explained in the manual. I've found some good stuff here and other places online. But one thing I see that I haven't been able to find is this.

When I click on the Visible Units Button, I see a bunch of colored circles in 2 of the modes, regular display and no unit icons in the other 2 modes. What do those circles mean?

..who are you playing ?..

..which side ? the goodies or the baddies ?..

1925frank -> RE: Visible Units Question (11/28/2007 5:28:51 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jreebel

I had the same question. The answer lies here:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1596495

In short, the unit visibility button now serves another function -- the circles you see are artillery ranges, and the color of the circles indicate additional information.

jreebel -> RE: Visible Units Question (11/28/2007 8:15:40 PM)

Aha! Thanks frank. Seems that it takes a lot of looking in a lot of places to get an understanding of this game.

jreebel -> RE: Visible Units Question (11/28/2007 8:19:41 PM)

I'm playing the commies as suggested in the tutorial. Took Seoul and farther south so far. On turn 3, starting to look at supply as some of my units are getting low. I'm seeing a lot of railroad tracks destroyed (by my guys, no doubt) south of the 38th parallel. With only one repair unit I'm wondering how far I should go before digging in. I'm sure I'll get my clock cleaned soon as it is my first attempt at this game.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI