Newbie PBEM opponent wanted CLOSED (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Opponents wanted

GreasyLake -> Newbie PBEM opponent wanted CLOSED (11/28/2007 5:42:00 PM)

Part One:

I have had the game for almost a year and from playing the AI and reading a lot of forum post I am really itching to take on a human opponent. Is there anyone who would be willing to play as Japan using Big B 1.4 mod extended map with Variable turn one and Historical first turn? (scene 192) The possible variation start, this may supply a little better starting position for Allies as I understand it, but at least will provide some variety!?

I am only able to provide probably 4, 5, or 6 turns a week; but will keep playing for months, even when I seem to be losing.

House rules I don't know any, whatever keeps it accurate/historical.

Well looking forward to a reply. You can email me at lmueller1@nc.rr.com if you wish. (Anybody remember North Atlantic 76?)

Part Two:

Maybe I asked for too much above. I am really interested in a pbem game so if there is anyone new or otherwise interested let me know. I have played almost exclusively as Allies but willing to play as Japan also.

Soooo, My first pref is Big B 1.4 extended map against Allies or Japan.
Second Big B 1.4 stock map as Allies or Japan.
Third stock scenario 15 stock map allies or japan.

I am not satisfied playing the AI anymore so anyone who is looking for an opponent I would be willing to give you what should be a decent game but dedicated opponent.
Anyone!

(Insert cool quote here.) I think it was LtCol Twining who noted that there were not just a few raggedy Marines with tears of joy watching the first substantial reinforcement of planes landing to join the cactus airforce on the Canal after Ghormley was relieved by Bull Halsey.

Mudbug1001 -> RE: Newbie PBEM opponent wanted (12/3/2007 9:01:36 PM)

Hi,

I'm brand new to WITP, but not to wargaming or to PBEM. I'm playing a scenario against the AI right now, but I would be willing to jump into a PBEM game. I would prefer the Allies, though, just because I think they must be a little easier to manage. At this point, you have much more experience than me, so I'm sure I wouldn't be much competition, but it's still a lot of fun playing against a live player. Let me know.

Thanks

GreasyLake -> RE: Newbie PBEM opponent wanted (12/4/2007 12:27:08 AM)

Sounds good to me Mudbug. I need an email to reach you and set this up I guess. I can play Japan and let the computer pretty much run everything while I learn to take over production a bit at a time. I have seen some house rules that made sense and can get them to you to look over. Do not really have a set of my own yet.
Really interested in playing a human is all, like you said!

Mudbug1001 -> RE: Newbie PBEM opponent wanted (12/4/2007 8:24:47 PM)

Hi GreasyLake,

I've sent you an e-mail throug the forum system. Please let me know if you don't receive it. I prefer not to list my e-mail here, just because of all the spam from automated computer systems that pick it up.

Thanks - I'm looking forward to the match.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI