Platform Editor Help! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Commander's Edition

erict -> Platform Editor Help! (11/29/2007 5:33:15 AM)

Hey,

I've been going through PE and adding missing Chinese air force bases. Yesterday I tried just adding one base and it worked fine. I went into SE and I was able to add the new base. Since I thought I had it worked out I went into PE and added another 40 missing bases. After I export non of the new bases show up in SE. I've gone over the new data over and over again and I don't see any errors.

Here's the database with all the missing Chinese air force bases (some of the training/cargo bases left out). I would like to get this sorted since I spent hours working on this.

http://download.yousendit.com/431EA7FF17FBFBE6

You can see what I've added under edit installations then sort by ID AthruZ and the last 80 or so entries are the new bases.

Thanks!

Divefreak -> RE: Platform Editor Help! (11/29/2007 8:31:44 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: erict

Since I thought I had it worked out I went into PE and added another 40 missing bases. After I export non of the new bases show up in SE.

You did nothing wrong. there´s a limit for Annex entrys.

At 2054 [8|]

Shark7 -> RE: Platform Editor Help! (11/29/2007 10:49:38 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Divefreak

quote:

Since I thought I had it worked out I went into PE and added another 40 missing bases. After I export non of the new bases show up in SE.

You did nothing wrong. there´s a limit for Annex entrys.

At 2054 [8|]

Yep, this is correct.

erict -> RE: Platform Editor Help! (11/29/2007 11:17:46 AM)

Awwww![:@]

Ok time for custom DBs for each region.[:'(]

TonyE -> RE: Platform Editor Help! (11/29/2007 4:25:56 PM)

Hehe, except the limit is really 2047, 2048 is questionable (since there are most likely off by one errors here and there), anything over 2048 is using the same chunk of memory for two purposes and can randomly ruin your day.

Divefreak -> RE: Platform Editor Help! (11/29/2007 6:43:23 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: TonyE

Hehe, except the limit is really 2047, 2048 is questionable (since there are most likely off by one errors here and there), anything over 2048

As an excuse for the wrong Value...

I wrote my answer before i got my second cup of coffee in the morning...

[8D]
[:D]

SmittyG -> RE: Platform Editor Help! (12/2/2007 5:18:08 AM)

What constitutes an annex that the 2047 limit applies to. Is this just bases; or bases, subs, ships, and aircraft; or all of those plus missiles, sensors, loadouts, and any other records in the data base?

Does this mean that we should not be adding new items to the data base (ie. it is full) ?

TIA,

Smitty

erict -> RE: Platform Editor Help! (12/2/2007 5:22:41 AM)

All I know is the installations table is full.  Not sure about the rest.

Divefreak -> RE: Platform Editor Help! (12/2/2007 5:21:32 PM)

quote:

All I know is the installations table is full. Not sure about the rest.

You´re right

Some versions ago you needed 1 installation per side. This was changed when the neutrals were introduced. So in theorie nearly 50% of the bases could be deleted. But this would break 100% of the scens containing bases, written before this change. And some of the newer ones too.

Regards René

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI