modifying pictures (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Commander's Edition >> Tech Support

cuthbo2001 -> modifying pictures (11/29/2007 5:18:43 PM)

I know this has been asked before. I have seen the thread on how to do this . However I am unclear about this .res file.Does this need to be cracked to enter new pictures. If not do we just add .bmp files ? and to which directory?
thanks

Divefreak -> RE: modifying pictures (11/29/2007 6:26:47 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: cuthbo2001

I know this has been asked before. I have seen the thread on how to do this . However I am unclear about this .res file.Does this need to be cracked to enter new pictures. If not do we just add .bmp files ? and to which directory?
thanks

put the pic in the rsr folder to the other pics as bmp and add the number of that pic in the pe to the unit.

export the db and thatīs it

miller7219 -> RE: modifying pictures (12/2/2007 7:58:29 PM)

I'm getting an error in the GE when I try to view a ship in the GE that I added pic. Here's what I did:

1. Saved pic in .bmp format
2. moved pic to the commondb\rsr folder
3. renamed pic to res658
4. Started PE and added 658 to the pic ID field of the ship entry
5. Exported the database
6. Started the GE and started a DB2000 database scenario
7. Accessed the platform data for the platform I added the pic ID too (Display from the unit window then selected the platform in question)
8. Recieve an error and CTD that says I may have a corrupted rsr file

I've repeated the process several times. Please instruct what I am doing wrong.

CV32 -> RE: modifying pictures (12/2/2007 8:01:07 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: miller7219
6. Started the GE and started a DB2000 database scenario

I've repeated the process several times. Please instruct what I am doing wrong.

The DB2000 database is for an entirely different game, ie. Harpoon 3/ANW, not HCE.

miller7219 -> RE: modifying pictures (12/2/2007 9:15:48 PM)

I meant EC2003 scenario. I tinker with both versions of Harpoon and got confused. Is the process I''ve describe I'm doing correct to add pics or am I missing a step or doing the process incorrectly? Are there any particular size of .bmp or color depth (24-bit, 256 color, etc) issue I need to be aware of? Please advise.

Divefreak -> RE: modifying pictures (12/3/2007 12:06:13 AM)

quote:

Are there any particular size of .bmp or color depth (24-bit, 256 color, etc) issue I need to be aware of? Please advise.

Yes off course...

I think iīve posted it some days ago....

TonyE -> RE: modifying pictures (12/3/2007 7:09:01 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: miller7219

I meant EC2003 scenario. I tinker with both versions of Harpoon and got confused. Is the process I''ve describe I'm doing correct to add pics or am I missing a step or doing the process incorrectly? Are there any particular size of .bmp or color depth (24-bit, 256 color, etc) issue I need to be aware of? Please advise.

256 color bitmaps, palette isn't too important but the palette may get clobbered somewhat.

http://harpgamer.com/harpforum/index.php?showtopic=632

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI