Platform Editor Walkthru Please (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Commander's Edition

RStalcup -> Platform Editor Walkthru Please (11/29/2007 8:23:08 PM)

Could someone with more Knowledge than I, do up a Guide/walk through for dummies like me. You Know a step by step, You know to add a plane you do this, then this, then this, to mod a already craft, you do this, than this, I would be forever greatfull to them. I have read the manual, I have even looked at the info from the HCE days I am just worried about messing things up.

Thanks

the Gunner

CV32 -> RE: Platform Editor Walkthru Please (11/29/2007 8:27:55 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: RStalcup
Could someone with more Knowledge than I, do up a Guide/walk through for dummies like me. You Know a step by step, You know to add a plane you do this, then this, then this, to mod a already craft, you do this, than this, I would be forever greatfull to them. I have read the manual, I have even looked at the info from the HCE days I am just worried about messing things up. Thanks
the Gunner

That's no small request, but I think the idea is a solid one. I'll raise this with HC3 and see if we can't put something together that's fairly comprehensive.

RStalcup -> RE: Platform Editor Walkthru Please (11/30/2007 4:04:34 PM)

Thanks CV32

I've been with Harpoon a long time, I was even one of Gordon Walton's beta tester for Harpoon 97. I love Harpoon and like to do a lot of what if secnerio's like what if the Navy had more Seawolfs, or they had developed the F22, and the platform Editor looks like it would be great for that, but I am not a programer and don't want to screw things up. In the old days I use to play Harpoon in very large Ram Drives, great improvement in speed, so I learned to keep a backup directory of harpoon for the just in case times.

Once again thanks I will owe you.

CV32 -> RE: Platform Editor Walkthru Please (11/30/2007 9:53:47 PM)

We're working on a more detailed and updated walk through for the Platform Editor (PE), but until then people can find the old PE User Guide here:

http://www.harpoonpages.com/ftp/HC2002_GOLD_Beta/PE_User_Guide.htm

SteveF2006 -> RE: Platform Editor Walkthru Please (12/1/2007 4:06:43 PM)

I have found also that studying current platforms in the Editor really helps you understand how to build a platform. It gives you ideas for new load outs, new weapons, or maybe new combinations. It really can be the most enjoyable part of the game!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI