PE question (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Commander's Edition

SmittyG -> PE question (12/2/2007 10:31:47 PM)

I notice when I open the PE, I am at a screen with a title "HCE Platform Editor - [Menu Form]" . It has a set of buttons under "platforms", and other sets of buttons under "Components" and "Tasks". If I click on a button; say "Aircraft" and look at the bottom left of the screen, it says " Record 1 of 724". The 724 is different for each button.

My question is can I add things to the data base in each category, as long as the number of records ( 724 in the above example) does not exceed 2047, or are there different limits for some of the other categories ?

TIA,
Smitty

Divefreak -> RE: PE question (12/2/2007 10:41:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: smitty

I notice when I open the PE, I am at a screen with a title "HCE Platform Editor - [Menu Form]" . It has a set of buttons under "platforms", and other sets of buttons under "Components" and "Tasks". If I click on a button; say "Aircraft" and look at the bottom left of the screen, it says " Record 1 of 724". The 724 is different for each button.

My question is can I add things to the data base in each category, as long as the number of records ( 724 in the above example) does not exceed 2047, or are there different limits for some of the other categories ?

TIA,
Smitty

More or less no other limits.

Ships around 1062-68 but this has been fixed for the first patch

Regards René

TonyE -> RE: PE question (12/2/2007 11:09:04 PM)

The count under weapons can go well over 2047,weapons encompasses a number of annexes (guns, missiles, torps,...)

SteveF2006 -> RE: PE question (12/4/2007 2:29:58 PM)

It there a way, other than manually adding them, to import other platforms from user-created Dbs that doesn't then overwrite everthing I have added to the PE?

CV32 -> RE: PE question (12/4/2007 3:57:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: SteveF2006
It there a way, other than manually adding them, to import other platforms from user-created Dbs that doesn't then overwrite everthing I have added to the PE?

Not that I am aware of, unless Tony can work some magic.

TonyE -> RE: PE question (12/4/2007 7:06:36 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: SteveF2006

Brad is right, there is no automated way to do so. It certainly is possible, just not a function that is part of the PE at present. Anyone who works magic with MS Access or comma delimited text files and wants to take a shot at it, I can help, I'm just not likely to take the time to do it on my own.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI