Leaders, Airdrops and Malta invasions (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Commander - Europe at War Gold

HerzKaraya -> Leaders, Airdrops and Malta invasions (12/3/2007 4:20:06 PM)

Hi there, a newbie to this game,
1) How does a leaderīs rating affect the units around it (not stacked)? When is it computed, at turn start, combat start?

2) How do I perform an airdrop? Letīs say Norway or Crete?

3) How do you take Malta (or Scapa,...), bombing the Garrison into submission with air and BBs or can I land a ground unit ON TOP of it?

KarlXII -> RE: Leaders, Airdrops and Malta invasions (12/4/2007 1:24:21 PM)

2) You canīt as far as I know

3) You must bomb the garrison into submission by air or surface ships

Vypuero -> RE: Leaders, Airdrops and Malta invasions (12/4/2007 4:14:56 PM)

Leaders have a range of 8 and add +2x the effectiveness potential to all units - air and ground, not naval, within their range - so they are very good to have.

Dion -> RE: Leaders, Airdrops and Malta invasions (12/10/2007 4:14:11 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vypuero

Leaders have a range of 8 and add +2x the effectiveness potential to all units - air and ground, not naval, within their range - so they are very good to have.

What do you mean add +2x ?

HerzKaraya -> RE: Leaders, Airdrops and Malta invasions (12/10/2007 7:45:53 PM)

I guess he means that if the leader is rated as 6, he adds 12 (2x6) to the effectiveness potential of the surrounding units. But, is there a limit to the number of units he affects, or does he benefit all units within the 8 hex radius? If two leaders overlap, does the stronger one prevail? Or the closer one?

I hope on future patches there is a chance to use paradrop units, letīs say spending a big amout of points to "prep" a certain unit, so you have to use the option wisely.

About invading one hex islands, it is really a pain that after invading Britain succesfully I have to use several bombers and ships to reduce the garrison in Scapa Flow.

Thanks for your help, guys![&o]

Vypuero -> RE: Leaders, Airdrops and Malta invasions (12/10/2007 7:50:51 PM)

all ground and air units in an 8 hex radius are affected
stronger one applies on overlap

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI