Playbook Profile Not Being Used (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support

Deft -> Playbook Profile Not Being Used (12/3/2007 5:20:18 PM)

This one has me stumped. I have been working on playbook but realized the game is not using the playbook profiles.

I set up base defense profiles for all offensive packages (5 WR, or 3RB 2 WR, etc..). But I found the game was not using the correct plays for the right packages. I then thought it might be a problem since the league was an older version league. So I created a new playbook and a new league and still had the same problem. This is where it gets interesting. In my online league, played on a different computer, the profiles are using the correct plays for the correct offensive packages. I am using version 2.1.8.

You can find the playbook and the league file in this thread:

http://blindsideblitz.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25276

Deft -> RE: Playbook Profile Not Being Used (12/5/2007 3:40:38 PM)

Some clarification:  This only applies to the defensive profile.  The offense performs as per the profile.

Marauders -> RE: Playbook Profile Not Being Used (12/5/2007 4:24:54 PM)

Are you making reference to the situation specific Offensive Formation indicators?

[image]local://upfiles/15799/642137190F0C434991CEAF2EBC29F0A7.jpg[/image]

Deft -> RE: Playbook Profile Not Being Used (12/5/2007 8:37:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marauders

Are you making reference to the situation specific Offensive Formation indicators?

[image]local://upfiles/15799/642137190F0C434991CEAF2EBC29F0A7.jpg[/image]

yes, precisely.

Marauders -> RE: Playbook Profile Not Being Used (12/5/2007 9:23:46 PM)

All right.

Are you saying they appear to be working on one computer but not on another?

Do you know the build that the MLF is using (I can ask that on the beta board from Shaggy, Tider, or Tbird).  Are you using a different build than the MLF on the other computer? If so, perhaps there is a follow on bug someplace. 

It may be that the Offensive Formation indicator is being overridden by variables higher on the tree.

Did you set up a "DNany,TGany,TIHAny,DFGAny, Any" gameplan for various formations in general first, or are they being used in a specific instance? Are any plays tagged as specific use only?

Perhaps I should look at the playbook in question.

Deft -> RE: Playbook Profile Not Being Used (12/6/2007 6:53:51 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marauders

All right.

Are you saying they appear to be working on one computer but not on another?

Do you know the build that the MLF is using (I can ask that on the beta board from Shaggy, Tider, or Tbird). Are you using a different build than the MLF on the other computer? If so, perhaps there is a follow on bug someplace.

It may be that the Offensive Formation indicator is being overridden by variables higher on the tree.

Did you set up a "DNany,TGany,TIHAny,DFGAny, Any" gameplan for various formations in general first, or are they being used in a specific instance? Are any plays tagged as specific use only?

Perhaps I should look at the playbook in question.

Yes, they were all "DNany,TGany,TIHAny,DFGAny, Any". That is why I started with a fresh playbook to confirm.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI