Release on Wednesday, December 5th (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815

Erik Rutins -> Release on Wednesday, December 5th (12/3/2007 8:03:43 PM)

Hey everyone, just updating you with the info as I have it. I just got off the phone with DR and the final QA on the physical versions for the store will not be done until Wednesday morning (we were originally anticipating it would be done on Tuesday). Since we want to release all digital and physical versions at the same time, we're going to move the release back one day to Wednesday.

I'm told there should be no further delays - it's out of our hands at this point and on DR's side, but I don't expect there's anything else that could slow it down at this point.

Regards,

- Erik

cdbeck -> RE: Release on Wednesday, December 5th (12/3/2007 8:17:47 PM)

Seriously now... it's like you toy with us! And of course, Empire in Arms is synonymous with "push back." At least is is just a day this time! [:'(]

I'm very excited. Actually, to be honest, I have to work Tuesday, so this just gives me a bit more time with it on mostly free Wednesday! And it means that I can actually get some of my students' papers graded while I wait!

Bet you all at Matrix are pretty excited that this is coming to fruition. I expect this will be a pretty big release, with all of the forum fan frenzy!

SoM

Adraeth -> RE: Release on Wednesday, December 5th (12/3/2007 9:42:27 PM)

Thanks, too bad i will be out for work for two days long :( i will buy it on the 7th [;)]

hardcoremtnbiker -> RE: Release on Wednesday, December 5th (12/3/2007 9:46:50 PM)

This delay has forced me to commit the guard (2 collumn shift). Hopefully it will pass its e'lan test and capture the Matrix servers. Once captured the Genies of the Gaurde will switch the digital download service to active (they are engineers as you all know)!

[sm=duel.gif]

mrpharmacist -> RE: Release on Wednesday, December 5th (12/3/2007 10:26:29 PM)

Hurrah![&o]

Monadman -> RE: Release on Wednesday, December 5th (12/3/2007 11:37:16 PM)

With the release imminent, I thought you guys might appreciate an old Web Cam clip of Marshall working on EiANW circa 2006 (see avatar).

Richard

sol_invictus -> RE: Release on Wednesday, December 5th (12/4/2007 3:05:53 AM)

[X(] Poor Marshall.

JavaJoe -> RE: Release on Wednesday, December 5th (12/4/2007 3:11:42 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Monadman

With the release imminent, I thought you guys might appreciate an old Web Cam clip of Marshall working on EiANW circa 2006 (see avatar).

Richard

Marshall loafing off again?

Monadman -> RE: Release on Wednesday, December 5th (12/4/2007 3:38:38 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JavaJoe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Monadman

Richard

Marshall loafing off again?

I believe he was working on the “Loan Corps” function at the time. [;)]

Richard

Naomi -> RE: Release on Wednesday, December 5th (12/4/2007 3:50:18 AM)

Just curious. Why must the two ways of delivery be at the same time? Heh.

Cossaky -> RE: Release on Wednesday, December 5th (12/4/2007 6:52:56 AM)

Howdy folks,

I'm serving over in Yemen and looking forward to downloading this game and playing with my buddies back home.  We grew up playing the original boardgame back in Junior Highschool. 

Has anyone mentioned when the download will be made available?  I'm at EST +8 hours, so if it's 12:01am on Wednesday morning, I can start the download at 8:00am.

Just wondering.  The game looks terrific!

mpa541 -> RE: Release on Wednesday, December 5th (12/4/2007 8:30:04 AM)

I Vote Australian time...its wednesday in 7 hrs!

Mike

Ursa MAior -> RE: Release on Wednesday, December 5th (12/4/2007 2:05:49 PM)

Central European Time (CET) It is the timezone of Austerlitz after all ;)

Marshall Ellis -> RE: Release on Wednesday, December 5th (12/4/2007 2:50:38 PM)

Richard:

You would know. LMAO!
There has to be similar video of you!

Murat -> RE: Release on Wednesday, December 5th (12/4/2007 7:25:05 PM)

Just as long as it is not Samoan time. Damn those British for setting their line so far west [:@]

PunkReaper -> RE: Release on Wednesday, December 5th (12/4/2007 8:04:29 PM)

It has to be Greenwich Mean Time, which makes it only 4 hours to go. Everything is ready, kids have their instructions, wife is being supportive in this stressful time.......ready to press the download button............3 hours 59 minutes to go...

cdbeck -> RE: Release on Wednesday, December 5th (12/4/2007 9:04:03 PM)

As New York City is the center of Human Civilization (unless you live here, then you realize it is a glorified rat-hole), I expect we will be going by EST. Meaning expect 24 hours or so... [:(]

SoM

PunkReaper -> RE: Release on Wednesday, December 5th (12/4/2007 9:09:58 PM)

quote:

As New York City is the center of Human Civilization (unless you live here, then you realize it is a glorified rat-hole), I expect we will be going by EST. Meaning expect 24 hours or so...

SoM

Doh...worth a try..I will give everyone some special family time instead to get them ready for the weeks of neglect to come.

JodiSP -> RE: Release on Wednesday, December 5th (12/4/2007 10:09:38 PM)

It's Wednesday now in Little old New Zealand 9.06am, So I vote Kiwi time frame

kc_chiefs -> RE: Release on Wednesday, December 5th (12/4/2007 10:13:29 PM)

Looking forward to seeing this fine game in computer format.

Anyway bugs found lately? I am sure we can expect an update soon after release .... or has the testing been extensive enough to iron them all out?

Can you tell us how many scenarios come in the game?

Monadman -> RE: Release on Wednesday, December 5th (12/4/2007 10:52:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: kc_chiefs

Looking forward to seeing this fine game in computer format.

Anyway bugs found lately? I am sure we can expect an update soon after release .... or has the testing been extensive enough to iron them all out?

Can you tell us how many scenarios come in the game?

We have already started working on the post release patch. The list contains some issues that were pushed to the back burner but now have the cooks attention. Quite certain there will be new issues popping up once several hundred eyes descend upon it

Eventually there will be an editor and with that, more scenarios. Currently there is just the Grand Campaign but it should keep you plenty busy, especially when you PBEM.

Enjoy

Richard

Erik Rutins -> RE: Release on Wednesday, December 5th (12/4/2007 11:17:41 PM)

Just wanted to pop in and say that we are still looking good for a release tomorrow. Should be in the afternoon, US Eastern time.

Murat -> RE: Release on Wednesday, December 5th (12/4/2007 11:41:47 PM)

So Thursday for most of the planet [:)]

demonterico -> RE: Release on Wednesday, December 5th (12/5/2007 3:04:40 AM)

What!!![X(] When you said Wednesday morning, I immediately thought, "Oh good 12:01 am, I can buy it before I go to work." But an afternoon release, I have to wait until I get home. Shoot!![:(]

Odysseus -> RE: Release on Wednesday, December 5th (12/5/2007 3:22:09 AM)

*Drool*

[&o][&o]

Now, if I could only get the time necessary for the playing!

tgb -> RE: Release on Wednesday, December 5th (12/5/2007 3:31:50 AM)

I think it's great that Eric timed it for Hannukah.

JimMerson -> RE: Release on Wednesday, December 5th (12/5/2007 4:35:15 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: demonterico

What!!![X(] When you said Wednesday morning, I immediately thought, "Oh good 12:01 am, I can buy it before I go to work." But an afternoon release, I have to wait until I get home. Shoot!![:(]

Hey, I have the same problem living in the Central Time Zone. If it is an afternoon release then I will have to come home from work as well, and I CLAIMED "HEAD OF THE LINE" in another topic so the rest of you will just have to wait. [:D](snicker!!)

Soon.... Soon.... Steady there.... Wait for it!!!!....

Jim

hardcoremtnbiker -> RE: Release on Wednesday, December 5th (12/5/2007 5:00:25 AM)

Working from home rocks............I'll be hitting refresh minutely (similarly to hourly but 60 times as fast)

vive la revolution

[sm=fighting0043.gif]

borner -> RE: Release on Wednesday, December 5th (12/5/2007 6:03:10 AM)

I wonder if our IT dept would catch it if I ordered from work???? Huge file to sneak through our email though!

sol_invictus -> RE: Release on Wednesday, December 5th (12/5/2007 7:08:37 AM)

Go ahead, do it. Report back with your success.[:'(]

Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI