Another noobie question (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III

jreebel -> Another noobie question (12/4/2007 7:30:28 PM)

I'm slogging thru the Korea tutorial as the reds. The US Fleet is sitting off the coast bombarding my land units at will. Is there anything I can do about this other than abandoning the coastal hexes?

JAMiAM -> RE: Another noobie question (12/4/2007 7:50:52 PM)

Since you don't have much of an air force, and would be extremely outmatched if you tried to airstrike them, you'll need to rely on your land artillery units. If the naval units get adjacent to the coast, then you can move your land artillery units next to the naval unit and attack them. It takes coastal artillery (or air or other naval) units to fire at ranges greater than one hex away, when the units are at sea, and you don't have any in this scenario.

jreebel -> RE: Another noobie question (12/4/2007 11:45:24 PM)

Ouch! Elmer seems to be smart enough to not move adjacent to the coast, so I guess I'm helpless. Thanks for the info.

ralphtricky -> RE: Another noobie question (12/6/2007 5:02:37 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jreebel

Ouch! Elmer seems to be smart enough to not move adjacent to the coast, so I guess I'm helpless. Thanks for the info.

<grin> He does try to stay at close to maximum range. You might move the units inland a hex or two and you might be able to sucker him in.

Ralph

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI