units in other battlesets? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Commander's Edition

DonG -> units in other battlesets? (12/5/2007 5:52:29 PM)

Hei there ,finely after a long long nervewrecking wait it's finely out!![:)][:)]great work guys really fantastic...

i have two question,is it possible to use the units from the westpac battleset in the other battlesets?? and if so how ??

CV32 -> RE: units in other battlesets? (12/5/2007 6:03:42 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DonG
Hei there ,finely after a long long nervewrecking wait it's finely out!![:)][:)]great work guys really fantastic... i have two question,is it possible to use the units from the westpac battleset in the other battlesets?? and if so how ??

Units from the Westpac and EC2003 BattleSets are represented in the game's editable database (the HCDB). The units represented in the remaining BattleSets are not from the HCDB and cannot be edited.

DonG -> RE: units in other battlesets? (12/5/2007 7:21:58 PM)

So does this mean i have to add the units from westpac to let's say IOPG myself?.
And does this mean that if i would make a scenario with units from Westpac in a IOPG battleset the scenario is only playable if the other people have tranferred the same units or does this go automaticly if i save the new scenario?

CV32 -> RE: units in other battlesets? (12/5/2007 7:28:17 PM)

quote:

So does this mean i have to add the units from westpac to let's say IOPG myself?. And does this mean that if i would make a scenario with units from Westpac in a IOPG battleset the scenario is only playable if the other people have tranferred the same units or does this go automaticly if i save the new scenario?

There are essentially two databases that come with HCE. One is the HCDB, which is solely for Westpac and the EC2003 series BattleSets, and can be edited by you. The other database is for all the remaining BattleSets, and cannot be edited. You can't add any platforms to be used in any other BattleSet other than Westpac and the EC2003 series.

If you create a scenario in IOPG, other HCE players will be able to play it because they are using the same, unedited database that comes 'hard wired' with the game. If you create a scenario with Westpac or any of the EC2003 series BattleSets, it is necessary that other players have the same database. (If you (and they) haven't edited their database, then this isn't an issue).

SireChaos -> RE: units in other battlesets? (12/5/2007 8:27:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: CV32

quote:

So does this mean i have to add the units from westpac to let's say IOPG myself?. And does this mean that if i would make a scenario with units from Westpac in a IOPG battleset the scenario is only playable if the other people have tranferred the same units or does this go automaticly if i save the new scenario?

There are essentially two databases that come with HCE. One is the HCDB, which is solely for Westpac and the EC2003 series BattleSets, and can be edited by you. The other database is for all the remaining BattleSets, and cannot be edited. You can't add any platforms to be used in any other BattleSet other than Westpac and the EC2003 series.

If you create a scenario in IOPG, other HCE players will be able to play it because they are using the same, unedited database that comes 'hard wired' with the game. If you create a scenario with Westpac or any of the EC2003 series BattleSets, it is necessary that other players have the same database. (If you (and they) haven't edited their database, then this isn't an issue).

Do creator and player of a scenario have to use exactly the same database? Or is it only necessary for those units used in the scenario to be identical in both databases?

CV32 -> RE: units in other battlesets? (12/5/2007 8:35:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: SireChaos
Do creator and player of a scenario have to use exactly the same database? Or is it only necessary for those units used in the scenario to be identical in both databases?

Well, I suppose as long as the units in each of the databases share the same ID numbers (and by unit I am necessarily including all of the weapons, mounts, sensors, etc that it uses in turn), the scenario would technically work. I doubt however that the game play would be what the scenario designer intended.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI