Winter Meetings (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball

sportsfan76 -> Winter Meetings (12/5/2007 8:44:48 PM)

I am not sure how you would do this, but I would love to have a section of the game devoted to winter meetings like they do in real life. It could be like a conference or hotel room. Phone calls made, talking to agents, trading top players, talking prospects. News stories, interviews.

PadresFan104 -> RE: Winter Meetings (12/5/2007 11:12:25 PM)

That would be freakin' cool.

Taz0713 -> RE: Winter Meetings (12/6/2007 4:37:46 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: PadresFan104

That would be freakin' cool.

I second that. I think it would add just a little more realism to the game. Although if you ask my wife, no more realism. I guess I take the managing a team a little too seriously. [8|]

puresimmer -> RE: Winter Meetings (12/6/2007 2:55:54 PM)

I think it sounds cool, but I'm not sure if it would translate as well in practice. I worry that the in game mechanic could get a bit repetitive. Let me think more about it.

Wrathchild -> RE: Winter Meetings (12/6/2007 4:21:50 PM)

And then we can go on quests to find that Level 5 Management Folio, and work toward becoming a 15th Level Manager! All for only $9.99 a month!

Nukester -> RE: Winter Meetings (12/6/2007 8:52:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: puresimmer

I think it sounds cool, but I'm not sure if it would translate as well in practice. I worry that the in game mechanic could get a bit repetitive. Let me think more about it.

I agree. Trading AI is difficult enough as it is. Adding something like that could be tough. Maybe something simple like for a few days in the winter trade talks are excellerated a bit, but to make it a bit more interesting, maybe something like a small "mini game" where instead of just going to a trade screen, picking a few players, and hitting the trade button, you actually have to interact with other teams and do something like an auction type thing where you try and sway the other team to take your offer, maybe even going so far as using "lifelines" like free use of the yatch for a week, a membership to the country club, box seats to the opera....something like that. I hesitate to say "mini game" but i think you get the picture. Id be afraid that something like that would be considered goofy in the text sim world if it were to long or not interesting enough though

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI