During Reinforcement phase cannot place empty Cav Corp (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support

jardail -> During Reinforcement phase cannot place empty Cav Corp (12/5/2007 10:50:25 PM)

During a reinforcement phase I have tried several times to place an empty Cav Corps to prepare it for receiving Cav points.

It will not place in any of the following locations.

Friendly Unbesieged City
With another in supply corps
On a Depot
In an empty province

Not one area on the map that I have clicked on allows the corps to be placed.

Marshall Ellis -> RE: During Reinforcement phase cannot place empty Cav Corp (12/5/2007 10:55:42 PM)

Was the corps counter purchased in a previous economic phase (Indicated by green border around unit)?

Monadman -> RE: During Reinforcement phase cannot place empty Cav Corp (12/5/2007 10:58:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Leatherneck_MT

During a reinforcement phase I have tried several times to place an empty Cav Corps to prepare it for receiving Cav points.

It will not place in any of the following locations.

Friendly Unbesieged City
With another in supply corps
On a Depot
In an empty province

Not one area on the map that I have clicked on allows the corps to be placed.

oops - nevermind

Richard

jardail -> RE: During Reinforcement phase cannot place empty Cav Corp (12/5/2007 10:58:29 PM)

hmm no I don't think it was, however I had not placed all of the corps counters on the map. I had about 15 of them, including 2 commanders (Massena, Soult) who were still available to be placed.

Massena was placed just fine, but the Cav Corps wouldn't follow suit. They both had green borders around them.

jardail -> RE: During Reinforcement phase cannot place empty Cav Corp (12/5/2007 10:59:26 PM)

Thanks Richard, unfortunately I restarted the game, I was not aware that this would be answered so quickly. I'll reach that point again however and try it then.

Marshall Ellis -> RE: During Reinforcement phase cannot place empty Cav Corp (12/5/2007 11:00:37 PM)

The cav corps did? (Have a green border that is)

jardail -> RE: During Reinforcement phase cannot place empty Cav Corp (12/5/2007 11:02:16 PM)

Yes Sir

The Cav Corps DID have a Green Border.

Marshall Ellis -> RE: During Reinforcement phase cannot place empty Cav Corp (12/5/2007 11:09:50 PM)

Which unit / nation (If you can remember)?

jardail -> RE: During Reinforcement phase cannot place empty Cav Corp (12/5/2007 11:11:31 PM)

It was French. I just reached that same point in the game and it worked fine this time.

Monadman -> RE: During Reinforcement phase cannot place empty Cav Corp (12/5/2007 11:13:52 PM)

From the counter pool, if you click to choose a green highlighted counter, then right mouse click to the map and choose and illegal area for placement, the program will require the player to go back to the counter pool and attempt the placement procedure again (clears all requests). Could that be the problem you encountered (that you kept trying to place the counter on the first try after choosing an illegal area first)

Richard

jardail -> RE: During Reinforcement phase cannot place empty Cav Corp (12/5/2007 11:15:44 PM)

No sir, thought of that too and made sure I went back each time and reselected the counter (the borders turned Red?).

Marshall Ellis -> RE: During Reinforcement phase cannot place empty Cav Corp (12/5/2007 11:19:39 PM)

Leatherneck_MT:

If you see this again and get to a point where you can reproduce this regularly then please save that game and contact me...

jardail -> RE: During Reinforcement phase cannot place empty Cav Corp (12/5/2007 11:21:33 PM)

I will do that and thank you for the extremely fast response.

So far I am enjoying this immensley. It's definately been worth the wait

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI