Russian Entry Timing (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Commander - Europe at War Gold

greenit -> Russian Entry Timing (12/6/2007 5:04:05 PM)

I am playing Axis.
Its early september 1941, Russia has annexed a bit of Finland but not yet joined the Allies. Is Russian entry timing random w.r.t early or late September, I have just sent my axis move off and when I clicked the end turn button there was no message saying Russia has joined allies, so can I assume that this will not happen until late September ( ie next turn )?

peregrine -> RE: Russian Entry Timing (12/6/2007 7:26:09 PM)

I think the Russian timing has a bit of randomness in it, though it tends to be in September from what I've seen. 

Shawkhan -> RE: Russian Entry Timing (12/6/2007 10:09:51 PM)

In the last two games I have played, Russian entry has been the first turn in October 1941 for me.

Fred98 -> RE: Russian Entry Timing (12/6/2007 11:50:16 PM)

There is no reason for the Russians to begin a war against the Germans. For the Russian player there is benefit to build up the forces and form a strong line. Let the Germans come to you [;)]
-

greenit -> RE: Russian Entry Timing (12/7/2007 12:23:33 AM)

This is true, what I want to do is wipe out/ damage heavily the 4 Russian aircraft parked near the border. If I wait for Russians to declare war, then they can move these aircraft back out of harms way. So I need the axis to declare war first.

firepowerjohan -> RE: Russian Entry Timing (12/7/2007 12:44:22 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: greenit

This is true, what I want to do is wipe out/ damage heavily the 4 Russian aircraft parked near the border. If I wait for Russians to declare war, then they can move these aircraft back out of harms way. So I need the axis to declare war first.

The Russians will always join the war so that Axis moves first. This was intentional rule in game to avoid these kind of "know-how" situations where you have to monitor all enemies turn by turn to not "miss the train when it is leaving". All countries that auto-join the war will join on the enemies turn so you could say that you are in fact auto-DoWing them instead, if that describes it better [:)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI