35 or 60 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball

flanman1969 -> 35 or 60 (12/6/2007 7:51:26 PM)

Im just curious what most people use. Im started a 2007 season with the 35 man roster but i think i would rather have a larger minor system. I really want to play with the trading and development aspects therefore i want more players to work with.

What does everyone else think? (if you cant tell, im bored at work)[:)]

Nukester -> RE: 35 or 60 (12/6/2007 8:34:52 PM)

I usually play with 50 player rosters, but I usually play historicals with early entry. If I was playing a fictional league, Id probably go for the max

flanman1969 -> RE: 35 or 60 (12/6/2007 8:41:57 PM)

Early entry means that a player comes into the league before he originally did, correct? Im assuming he can end up on any team?

What are the advantages and disadvantages with this?

Nukester -> RE: 35 or 60 (12/6/2007 9:05:25 PM)

Yes, with early entry, players could (but not neccessarily will) enter the game a couple of years before they really should according to his real debut date. If its the initial year od the league, the early players will end up on the correct team, but after that due to the amatuer drafts, they could end up on any team. I think the players ratings are reduced a little if they enter early, but personally Id like to see them reduced a little more. I think they are still too a little too high.

For instance when I start a league as the Highlanders in 1903, Hal Chase imports early. Even though his real debut year wasnt until 1905, Hal still ends up with good enough ratings in 1903 to make my major league roster. I think if a player debuts 2-3 years early like that, his ratings should be low enough to make him stay in the minors for a year or so before being good enough to play in the majors. As I said I think the game does actually do that, but I think they should be tweaked down just a little bit further.

The idea of early entry is try and get more real players into your league as soon as possible, to eliminate some of the fictional scrubs that might be added to the rosters. More real players = less fictional players

Frozen Stiffer -> RE: 35 or 60 (12/7/2007 1:24:03 AM)

I started my Major League replay with 35 players too and regreted it after our second year where we were slammed with several injuries all at once. I realized, with nothing to do about it, that I was running out of people to call up and fill the gaps. In fact, I DID run out at one point and instead of sending a player to the DL I left him on the bench. The only people I could have brought up would have been young players in the minors that would have been scarred had they been promoted.

As soon as I was able, I tapped into Crash Davis' Puresim utility that lets me adjust roster size limits. I increased it to 50 and have been grateful ever since. I ONLY play with 50-man rosters; even if the AI has to create bottom-of-the-barrel scrubs as filler- I would rather have the SPACE of a large roster and get a handful of scrubs to fill it than not have the room at all.

flanman1969 -> RE: 35 or 60 (12/7/2007 1:47:47 PM)

I downlaoded all the addins from crashdavis site. Which one allows me to adjust my max player limit?

flanman1969 -> RE: 35 or 60 (12/7/2007 4:34:13 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: flanman1969

I downlaoded all the addins from crashdavis site. Which one allows me to adjust my max player limit?

Im quoting my own question because i may have answered it but i want to double check with you guys[8|]

Is it the PS config file that i would use to change the max player limit? If it is, can someone walk me through how i set it up. I originally downlaoded all the files into the V6 folder (with all the other addins).

Nukester -> RE: 35 or 60 (12/7/2007 5:10:06 PM)

Im not in front of the game right now, but if I remember correctly, the PSConfig utility is a stand alone program. It does not need to be in with the game files. I think you just start the program and point to your .PSA file (the league file) and it opens up a little grid with a few choices of things to change. Find the roster length setting and change it

flanman1969 -> RE: 35 or 60 (12/7/2007 10:17:15 PM)

Thanks Nukester for info

I must be missing something though. I opened up my league file and changed the number of players to 50 Using the PS CONFIG file. I closed it out and opened my league but the max player is still 35?

any suggestions?

Frozen Stiffer -> RE: 35 or 60 (12/8/2007 5:42:30 AM)

Uh oh. Did you read the instructions, flanman? It's HIGHLY recommended to only increase the limit during the offseason. Otherwise, the first team (alphabetically, I believe) signs players to fill their roster, taking advantage and scooping up the best ones available. The next team would get the next-best, etc. By the time you reach the halfway point, only the scrubbiest of scrubs are available. Did you backup your association?

KG Erwin -> RE: 35 or 60 (12/8/2007 6:05:08 AM)

I see what you're trying to do, flanman, but all you'll succeed in doing is clogging up your association with fictional scrubs.

If you wanna play with real players/rosters, stick with the 35 man default, and move backwards a few years. If you just wanna replay 2007, do the same. Current minor-leaguers are NOT in the Lahman database. You'd have to create them yourself.

What exactly are your intentions?

flanman1969 -> RE: 35 or 60 (12/8/2007 5:35:11 PM)

Frozen

hmm, i did try and change the roster limit from 35 to 50 in the middle of the season but it doesnt seem to have worked.  The limit is still 35.  Im not to worried about screwing things up with this association (therefore i have not backed it up) because its my first one and im just trying to figure out everything.  Maybe it doesnt work at all when trying to change it during the season?

KG

I want to play a career mode using real players but i alo would like to have larger rosters so that i can spend time developing young players in the minors (and more trade options, free agents etc).  The 35 man roster seems to make this a bit more difficult.  I started in year 2007 and im in my 2nd year.  I realize now that any new players that come into the league will be fictional.  I may have to go back and start a league in 1990 or maybe 1980.  I dont want to go back to far because I dont have the player knowledge that a lot of you guys seem to have.  Having a real player from 1950 that i dont know is the same as having a fictional player to me[:)]

throttle8 -> RE: 35 or 60 (12/8/2007 6:31:10 PM)

I do Historical 35!!!!

60 for me was too hard at the minor league level to keep track of who's at what position & what positions I need to fill (kind of like Who's on 1st & What's on Second!!!:).

Plus it takes more management time away from playing games.

In my opinion, a 35 man roster can be very time consuming as it is!!!!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI