Ottoman Empire Issues (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support

von Curow -> Ottoman Empire Issues (12/6/2007 8:10:28 PM)

Playing as Turkey, I created the Ottoman Empire. When I check my OE corps, they are still listed as having 1.0 morale for infantry. No combat yet to check if this is corrected there. Will try to arrange combat to see.

fw1206 -> RE: Ottoman Empire Issues (12/9/2007 5:46:35 PM)

Morale level really is not updated to 2.0 for inf and 3.0 for cav. I also created the Ottoman Empire as turkish player and had some battles in spain (lost because of morale loss, even with turkish leader plus turkish cav corps.i had 42 inf and 24 cav but only a complete morale level of 1,73 instead of 2,64). So the ottoman corps only have 1.0 for inf an 2.0 for cav. this is definitively a bug

Ted1066 -> RE: Ottoman Empire Issues (12/10/2007 3:04:06 AM)

Man, I hope this isn't the case. I'm playing a great game as Turkey and have established the OE. I plan to use their now better troops to get the last hold out of Morrocco to "complete the set" (its kinda sad that the Ottoman Empire is better than my Turkey [:'(] - oh well, at least I scammed Naples [8D])

fw1206 -> RE: Ottoman Empire Issues (12/16/2007 12:50:28 PM)

tryed a new game. got the ottoman empire as turkish player and purchased them 3 month later (next economic phase), build up the troups the 3 month(inf) and 5 month(cav) after that economic phase.

here are the morale levels:

syria inf morale 2 cav morale 2
egypt1 inf morale 1 cav morale 2,5
egypt2 inf morale 1 cav morale 2,5
algeria inf morale 1 cav morale 2
cyreneica inf morale 1 cav morale 2,5
tunisia inf morale 1 cav morale 2
tripolitania inf morale 2 cav morale 2
so if you fight with them you only have a morale level of 1,57 instead of 2,37

and with the lowest morale in game and aditionally not right calculated morale for the ottomans its really hard

and further on: why sometimes right (tri and sy infs), sometimes a little bit higher (egypt and cyr cavs) and some al lot of not updated values???
fix it please

yammahoper -> RE: Ottoman Empire Issues (12/16/2007 4:36:46 PM)

My response has been Syrian INF with all other Ottaman corps having Cav only.  With Two Jan corps and three Ottaman, I had 26 cav factors and 33 inf.  I might throw out an egyptian corp for the tripoltanian corp, adding an additional cav and five inf, but I have had good success againt the spanish so far with this army, and with 3 cav arriving every reinforcement phase, I have had no real problems taking Ottaman cav factors as loses either.

Still, fix the bug.  Those darn brits keep beating me on morale every fight!  I want just ONE cav pursuit against that 36 factor GB army so I can wipe it out.

yamma

Suvorov928 -> RE: Ottoman Empire Issues (12/16/2007 4:42:16 PM)

Haha, you must have experienced this or seen this in a F2F game.  Nothing like seeing all those troops decimated by a turkish Cav pursuit.[:D]  Unless you are on the receiving end.[:@] 

fw1206 -> RE: Ottoman Empire Issues (12/16/2007 8:43:21 PM)

i agree to that. i didn't say, it's impossible for me to win an fight, but normal i break and only because i ran to those fights with a superiority of 100 to 30 or so, i beat out the last factors of the enemy. If this were near-balanced fights (lets say 50 me to 30 enemies) this will be impossible against france or the brits. In near-balanced fights you only have a chance against spain or against weakend austria, russia or prussia. even if you fight a weakend french it is really hard to win.
Once i blew out an austrian army of 80 factors but only i got 160 factors on my side and the austrians were so dumb to ask my escalated assault with an ascalated counter so i got a +1 on morale. It's very very satisfying to nuke austria with 2 leaders an 80 factors in two rounds (haha) and afterwards a pursuit which killed another 20 cav or 60 inf or 120 militia.
After that i knew, win a fight can be much more funny than win only because you break and your enemy got no more factors

j-s -> RE: Ottoman Empire Issues (12/19/2007 2:36:02 AM)

This is a big bug. Please, fix it in next update.
And I don't see any reason, why those morales can't be as they were in orginal EiA?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI