AI DOWs too easily (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815

fvianello -> AI DOWs too easily (12/7/2007 2:31:58 PM)

I'm playing as Russia against 6 easy AIs, and in march 1805 there's already a world war going on:

Jan1805, England DOWs Russia [:-]
Jan 1805, France DOWs Prussia
Feb 1805, Austria DOWs France
Mar 1805, Prussia DOWs England [X(]
Mar 1805, Austria DOWs Prussia (call from England)

Prussia is at war with France, England and Austria
Austria is at war with France and Prussia
England is at war with France, Prussia and Russia
France is at war with England, Prussia and Austria
Turkey and Spain are happily looking (but not for long i'm sure)

Now, all this bloodlust looks a bit too much to me....

alexvand -> RE: AI DOWs too easily (12/7/2007 2:50:51 PM)

I've seen the real boardgame go this way. I think the AI can reflect the way the board game works in this regard. It's the prosecution of those wars by the AI that needs help.

fvianello -> RE: AI DOWs too easily (12/7/2007 3:37:48 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: alex_van_d

I've seen the real boardgame go this way. I think the AI can reflect the way the board game works in this regard. It's the prosecution of those wars by the AI that needs help.

Are you telling me that in the boardgame, playing a Prussia at war with France in Feb 1805, you would declare war to an England allied to Austria the following month?

Interesting strategy, I'll try it.

Marshall Ellis -> RE: AI DOWs too easily (12/7/2007 4:24:34 PM)

HanBarca:

That is pretty surpising (even to me!) and looks odd. I would NOT be surpised by the Prussia-France DOW or the France-GBR-. Prussia vs England I have rarely seen??? That's the oddest one. I have set the AI in some circumstances to look at who is winning the game and if it appears they are running away with the game then there is a chance of a DOW to beat down someone who is running away with the game but that shouldn't start happening until around 1806-1807. Have you seen this more than once?

fvianello -> RE: AI DOWs too easily (12/7/2007 6:17:55 PM)

Ellis, I've seen it only once right at my first game... I can only think it was a sort of landslider effect generated by my actions as russia; here's a summary:

1. Russia and Prussia form an alliance
2. Russia influence denmark
3. England is maybe pissed off by 2 above and DOWs Russia (a bit strange, but could be)
4. Prussia, being a loyal ally, DOWs England even though not called to arms by Russia
5. Austria is called to arms by England and DOWs Prussia

No matter how it happened, I think that the only coeherent behavior for a Jan1805 Prussia in war with France is to seek allies and never DOW anything bigger than lichenstein ;)

Marshall Ellis -> RE: AI DOWs too easily (12/7/2007 6:25:55 PM)

HanBarca:

A logical explanation that puts Prussia in a bad spot! I agree with your thoughts on Prussia. She should NEVER find herself at war with France and GBR at the same time at almost ANY point in the game. I actually think it's that simple. With her manpower savings and GBR's cash she has chance. Note taken...

Hoche -> RE: AI DOWs too easily (12/7/2007 6:39:59 PM)

I have noticed this unusual AI aggression too. As France I pounced on an poorly deployed Prussian army. I wiped out all Prussian corps and sat on Berlin by the second month of the war. Then Austria delcared war on Prussia. Prussia wisely surrendered unconditionally to me but stayed at war with Austria. Now that Austria is at war with Prussia, Russia and Turkey which is going to make my upcoming invasion of Austria VERY easy.

All AI nations are set on the hardest AI setting.

tgb -> RE: AI DOWs too easily (12/7/2007 9:35:16 PM)

Here's one I saw in my current learning game. Keep in mind I never played the board game, so perhaps there is a logic here I am just not seeing.

Playing as Spain, GB, already at war with France, DOW's me in Jan. '05. In Feb '05 they accepted an informal peace.

I don't know if the A.I. was just acting screwy, trying to cut off my trade income (which would be pretty clever, actually), or accepted the peace because I was in a position to besiege Gibralter on the next turn.

Thresh -> RE: AI DOWs too easily (12/7/2007 10:18:11 PM)

Marshall,

I've had this happen once before as well. I have a word file I am working on with issues I have seen crop up, I will compile that with some photos this weekend.

Todd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marshall Ellis

HanBarca:

A logical explanation that puts Prussia in a bad spot! I agree with your thoughts on Prussia. She should NEVER find herself at war with France and GBR at the same time at almost ANY point in the game. I actually think it's that simple. With her manpower savings and GBR's cash she has chance. Note taken...

mpa541 -> RE: AI DOWs too easily (12/7/2007 11:42:59 PM)

here is my strange one.

First game I played Brits did not blockade the french ports so I managed to get my Navay to sea and systematically crushed the brits at sea!

However every game since the Brits have blockaded me.

Not sure what it means...maybe just a curious coinsidence...but the strange Prussian activity only happened in the FIRST game played as well.

Thanks for the game, love'n it!

Mike

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI