RE: WITP Admiral Edition Wish List (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

m10bob -> RE: WITP Admiral Edition Wish List (2/25/2008 2:27:47 PM)

Wish list...O.k....I like chrome........At the bottom of both Allied and Japanese play screens, the extreme right panel is the strategic map. Right next to it is a panel which has either the American star (as on a plane), or the Japanese "meatball"..CobraAus was able to make 2 other art panels to fit there..Can we maybe get some more panels to fit there?
I think actual pics would be nice, something like this??
(Of course it would have to be fitted in)..

[image]local://upfiles/7909/AAF66AD7A0744C82916825D0DAE96EE4.jpg[/image]

engineer -> RE: WITP Admiral Edition Wish List (3/1/2008 1:13:08 AM)

LTA:  Airship Wing 3 operated on the US west coast (bases in souther CA, the Bay Area, and Oregon) running ASW missions with mostly "K" class blimps from early 1942 on.  Blimps would be a model of patrol plane.  Given the slow speed, prudence would keep them out of harm's way, but if a Zero found them, I would expect a quick kill.  Still, they would make IJN sub operations off the west coast a bit more risky. 

engineer -> RE: WITP Admiral Edition Wish List (3/1/2008 1:22:46 AM)

Partisans:  Any chance for some Filippo fighters?  Anti-Dutch partisans are equally likely upon a reconquest of Java along the lines of the Viet Minh.  Given the Soviet experience in WW2, a partisan campaign against any Japanese advances in Siberia would be likely, too. 

Kwik E Mart -> RE: WITP Admiral Edition Wish List (3/8/2008 12:31:38 AM)

i wish i had a summary of surface combat available after a battle...something that would describe the ranges, how many shots fired (guns and torps) at each range and a percent of those shots that hit...it might help with battle group composition planning...

TheElf -> RE: WITP Admiral Edition Wish List (3/8/2008 2:07:43 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: engineer

LTA: Airship Wing 3 operated on the US west coast (bases in souther CA, the Bay Area, and Oregon) running ASW missions with mostly "K" class blimps from early 1942 on. Blimps would be a model of patrol plane. Given the slow speed, prudence would keep them out of harm's way, but if a Zero found them, I would expect a quick kill. Still, they would make IJN sub operations off the west coast a bit more risky.

We have blimps...

django -> RE: WITP Admiral Edition Wish List (3/19/2008 8:07:33 PM)

I would like to see german U-Boats.
Since Japan captured Penang it was a base for german U-boats
for gameplay: if japanese troops capture penang (= Pedang?) german subs will appear.
So what about this idea?

[:)]

pad152 -> RE: WITP Admiral Edition Wish List (3/19/2008 10:13:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: django

I would like to see german U-Boats.
Since Japan captured Penang it was a base for german U-boats
for gameplay: if japanese troops capture penang (= Pedang?) german subs will appear.
So what about this idea?

[:)]

Germans in the Pacific[:D]

Maybe we will have better options with the editor to allow for some Germans! I hope the AE editor will allow us to add new nations (with correct flags) and entry/exit hexes for convoys.

pad152 -> RE: WITP Admiral Edition Wish List (3/19/2008 10:21:53 PM)

I would like to see some of the historic border clashes between Japan and Russia without triggering a full scale war with Russia!

The Gnome -> RE: WITP Admiral Edition Wish List (3/19/2008 10:29:49 PM)

"Did we give up when the Germans attacked Pearl Harbor?"

"Germans?"

Javakamp -> RE: WITP Admiral Edition Wish List (3/28/2008 3:29:53 PM)

Something that I think would be useful is an ETA on the TF screen and the Ground unit screen. I think it would be a big help in planning.

bradfordkay -> RE: WITP Admiral Edition Wish List (3/28/2008 6:55:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Gnome

"Germans?"

You don't remember John Belushi in Animal House?

jeffs -> RE: WITP Admiral Edition Wish List (4/1/2008 10:51:03 AM)

Make Glen use more historical..It seems that losses were rather high if they tried to launch in the open see
(before Midway, they needed to check out PH from French Frigate shoals).

Having a zillion Glens flying in the mid pacific is a huge ahistorical advantage for Japan

witpqs -> RE: WITP Admiral Edition Wish List (4/2/2008 6:44:08 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jeffs

Make Glen use more historical..It seems that losses were rather high if they tried to launch in the open see
(before Midway, they needed to check out PH from French Frigate shoals).

Having a zillion Glens flying in the mid pacific is a huge ahistorical advantage for Japan

That was using the large flying boats, not sub-launched Glen's. The flying boats were refueled by submarine at Frech Frigate Shoals.

(BTW - no argument about the Glens being too effective.)

soeren01 -> RE: WITP Admiral Edition Wish List (4/2/2008 1:28:15 PM)

Is it possible to change the ship repair routine so it can print what it has done into the intelligence report ? Something like "Saratoga got some repair" would be sufficient, I think. This could help to avoid some frustrations on how repair works and where your repair points go.

John Lansford -> RE: WITP Admiral Edition Wish List (4/2/2008 1:50:41 PM)

Well, I'm hoping that the damage repair routine is fixed so that you will know what is going on.  Right now the shipyards will grab not only disbanded ships for repair, but docked ones as well.  I had a TF of sub chasers (all with SYS damage of 12+) docked in SF and they've all repaired down to 0 while never being disbanded.

Monter_Trismegistos -> RE: WITP Admiral Edition Wish List (4/2/2008 11:20:19 PM)

If that is true (which I doubt), then it is a good thing. I always dreamed about a feature that you can anchor ships inside port without disbanding TF.

Gem35 -> RE: WITP Admiral Edition Wish List (4/2/2008 11:23:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: soeren01

Is it possible to change the ship repair routine so it can print what it has done into the intelligence report ? Something like "Saratoga got some repair" would be sufficient, I think. This could help to avoid some frustrations on how repair works and where your repair points go.

Not sure it would matter, Common sense tells me to check the status of my capitol ships in need of repair daily.

treespider -> RE: WITP Admiral Edition Wish List (4/3/2008 3:29:28 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Monter_Trismegistos

If that is true (which I doubt), then it is a good thing. I always dreamed about a feature that you can anchor ships inside port without disbanding TF.

Its called Docking.

John Lansford -> RE: WITP Admiral Edition Wish List (4/3/2008 11:17:17 AM)

Except docking a TF automatically qualifies the ships as candidates for shipyard repair (if there's a shipyard present).  I've tested that over the last few days and am convinced it happens.

treespider -> RE: WITP Admiral Edition Wish List (4/3/2008 1:40:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: John Lansford

Except docking a TF automatically qualifies the ships as candidates for shipyard repair (if there's a shipyard present). I've tested that over the last few days and am convinced it happens.

Not in AE.

The Gnome -> RE: WITP Admiral Edition Wish List (4/3/2008 5:02:37 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: bradfordkay

quote:

"Germans?"

Of course, that's what I was quoting :) A classic in American film!

John Lansford -> RE: WITP Admiral Edition Wish List (4/3/2008 5:15:41 PM)

As long as the instruction manual reflects what happens in the game wrt the repair process, I'll be happy...  [;)]

BShaftoe -> RE: WITP Admiral Edition Wish List (4/18/2008 12:44:40 PM)

(first post on Matrix forums)

I don't know if this has been "wished" before, but I'd like some way to export my orders in a given turn. So, once I finish my orders, i can export them to any single file, and then import them on other savegame.

It would be useful to export japanese orders in the first turn, and then, this way, you wouldn't have to set up exactly the same things on every game game you start. The same for allies. Ok, it wouldn't be useful in turns beyond the first, but at least, beginning a game would be much, much shorter. You'd import your preferred orders set, and then tweak a couple of things.

Czert -> RE: WITP Admiral Edition Wish List (4/19/2008 12:01:29 PM)

I cant remember any clas between japanese and ruskies post 41, until full war in 45.
I know about chalin-gol abd others, but it was in 38 (or 39?).
If you know any post 41, please post them.

treespider -> RE: WITP Admiral Edition Wish List (4/19/2008 1:23:51 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: John Lansford

As long as the instruction manual reflects what happens in the game wrt the repair process, I'll be happy... [;)]

There is an entire chapter of the manual devoted to Ship Repair.

Monter_Trismegistos -> RE: WITP Admiral Edition Wish List (4/19/2008 1:32:04 PM)

A Quiz?

doc smith -> RE: WITP Admiral Edition Wish List (4/20/2008 4:15:59 AM)

I realize this is probably too late, but is there any chance the US intel on Japanese can include fleet/ship info? I believe the US was able to track some IJN units by their poor radio discipline. As it is, we're only told that some land unit has as its objective island X, or that there is something on the airwaves at point Y.

jwilkerson -> RE: WITP Admiral Edition Wish List (4/20/2008 4:58:49 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: doc smith

I realize this is probably too late, but is there any chance the US intel on Japanese can include fleet/ship info? I believe the US was able to track some IJN units by their poor radio discipline. As it is, we're only told that some land unit has as its objective island X, or that there is something on the airwaves at point Y.

We already have this more than people realize. When we hear that "something is on the airwaves" .. or when we see an enemy base port color darken, this means we know more data about what is in that port. Waving your mouse over the port will reveal this data. If you see a bunch of CVs there, that is probably where the enemy CVs are! I've been able to do this a time or so and the intel is very useful!

Crimguy -> RE: WITP Admiral Edition Wish List (4/20/2008 10:19:58 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jwilkerson

We already have this more than people realize. When we hear that "something is on the airwaves" .. or when we see an enemy base port color darken, this means we know more data about what is in that port. Waving your mouse over the port will reveal this data. If you see a bunch of CVs there, that is probably where the enemy CVs are! I've been able to do this a time or so and the intel is very useful!

Well, then it would be nice to have a button on the Intelligence screen to give information on capital ships (where they are along with confidence level). Example would be a section for CV's that might say "3 CV's at Truk. Confidence High."

dennishe -> RE: WITP Admiral Edition Wish List (4/21/2008 4:42:23 AM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: bradfordkay

quote:

"Germans?"

Of course, that's what I was quoting :) A classic in American film!

I love that movie, but that is probably no suprise

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI