Sea Area Retreats (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815

StCyr -> Sea Area Retreats (12/8/2007 8:33:02 PM)

9.4.1 Sea Area Retreats

The program will retreat the naval combat loser to the nearest unblockaded friendly (including an ally's port, with access permission) port. If no eligible port is available, the loser retreats to any one adjacent sea area (a sea area into which movement is not possible may not be selected). Retreating fleets may not be intercepted.

what is this ? I transport several corps into the channel, I may lose some navy and inf units - but as a loser I had the OPTION in EIA to retreat to the nearest habour OR one adjacent sea area - so I could still land the troops inside GB. Why canīt a captain choose to stay on the ocean in the computer version ? Seems not very realistic to me.

and next: I just lost with some swedish and dutch ships in the channel, all franch habours are under my control - but dutch(started at amsterdam) and swedish ships are returned to Malmo, Sweden.

DodgyDave -> RE: Sea Area Retreats (12/8/2007 8:44:03 PM)

heh like you i also see this needs to be changed, especially since the retreat much of the time, seems to end the enemy or your own fleet in undefended cities.

game should check for nearest ports, if none of them are protected or if they got less then 50 cannons, then it should just move you to adjecent sea area, as the game normally says. Any i say 50 cannons minimum, because less then that and you might still loss more then just by staying at sea.

StCyr -> RE: Sea Area Retreats (12/8/2007 10:46:46 PM)

well, why dont allow the player to set his own preferences (for every fleet/stack)? And for a small fleet of course less than 50 cannons might be fine

DodgyDave -> RE: Sea Area Retreats (12/8/2007 10:55:42 PM)

well perhaps they did not think of this, but its why we are on it :)

JavaJoe -> RE: Sea Area Retreats (12/9/2007 1:36:57 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DodgyDave

well perhaps they did not think of this, but its why we are on it :)

no, it was thought of, but if it is an issue it will be addressed :)

Monadman -> RE: Sea Area Retreats (12/9/2007 1:44:01 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: StCyr

what is this ? I transport several corps into the channel, I may lose some navy and inf units - but as a loser I had the OPTION in EIA to retreat to the nearest habour OR one adjacent sea area - so I could still land the troops inside GB. Why canīt a captain choose to stay on the ocean in the computer version ? Seems not very realistic to me.

If the program did not handle this function and the player had control of it, it would cause considerable delays for PBEM games (if the non-phasing player lost). That said, I agree it would be nice to have standing orders for this but . . . punt to ME MOD.

Richard

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI