'Soviet bottleneck' or 'Fortress germany' (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided

jadam12 -> 'Soviet bottleneck' or 'Fortress germany' (12/8/2007 9:01:38 PM)

Greetings,
I'm not a pro player, still mostly playing against the AI. Recently I'm using UV2.0 and I've tried the soviets only with this mod 2 times so far.
My problem is that I can easily push the germans back to east germany (in late '43, early '44) but can not take germany itself. The problem is that even if I have enough units I just can transport them fast enough to the frontline because I have only a single track of rail and I (as the soviets) have to transport for much larger distance, and even supply is needed. So far I've been camping in w. poland for 1.5-2 years with attacks, counterattacks from both sides.
Of course the WA ai does not open a second front. This means germany just piles up units in east germany much faster than I can transport to w. poland. Actually I did not succeed to finish them off.
Does it mean that I'm doing something wrong or that the german army must be encircled in russia and then the soviets should blitz to the Fatherland? Actually I think a simple attrition based strategy historically should work against germany, but it is not the case in the game for me so far.

What do you think?
Jadam

MrQuiet -> RE: 'Soviet bottleneck' or 'Fortress germany' (12/8/2007 9:09:13 PM)

If you can get control of the Baltic sea you could put transports built in Len out there which gives you much more capacity to ship units West.

jadam12 -> RE: 'Soviet bottleneck' or 'Fortress germany' (12/8/2007 9:22:51 PM)

Good idea.
Though I dont really notice the lack of (trained, experienced) manpower germany was suffering from in the late war period.
Also its virtually impossible to feed the soviet industry with resources. Even with the balkan region under my control I have only half of the resources I need to operate at 100% in '44-'46. That makes building additional factories useless.
Edit: I may be wrong, but for me it seems that with the factory output increase over time and WR, the resource output does not increase at all. Should it not do the same?

MrQuiet -> RE: 'Soviet bottleneck' or 'Fortress germany' (12/8/2007 10:32:36 PM)

Forget about building factorys.
Conquer and repair resources for a strong economy.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI