Did they fix all the reteating? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series

cyberwop36 -> Did they fix all the reteating? (12/12/2007 8:08:33 PM)

I bought and played all the original games. As I remember one of the most irritating things about the game was the duck in a shooting gallery effect.

A platoon taking fire would bounce around getting retreat result after reteat result. Triggering op fire and more bing, bing, bing.

It made armour facing rule useless. If a vehicle platoon takes heavy direct fire they don't back put of trouble like a real unit would. They turn their tails and get hammered on their rear facing.

Jason Petho -> RE: Did they fix all the reteating? (12/12/2007 8:09:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: cyberwop36

I bought and played all the original games. As I remember one of the most irritating things about the game was the duck in a shooting gallery effect.

A platoon taking fire would bounce around getting retreat result after reteat result. Triggering op fire and more bing, bing, bing.

It made armour facing rule useless. If a vehicle platoon takes heavy direct fire they don't back put of trouble like a real unit would. They turn their tails and get hammered on their rear facing.

Not yet.. but it's coming.

Jason Petho

asiaticus -> RE: Did they fix all the reteating? (12/12/2007 11:18:29 PM)

You might just play without the facing rules.

cyberwop36 -> RE: Did they fix all the reteating? (12/13/2007 1:07:03 AM)

That's what I use to do in the original games. I was just wondering if it was fixed.

Still AI infantry units will get down to 1 strenght point and bounce around, even when assaulted if I remember. They needed to disolve as stragglers after such combat stresses.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI