COMMANDER EUROPE AT WAR PBEM??? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers

E1492H -> COMMANDER EUROPE AT WAR PBEM??? (12/12/2007 8:16:16 PM)

I CAN DOWNLOAD THE GAME MOVE MY FRIEND SENT ME BUT I CANNOT OPEN IT. THE COMPUTER MESSAGE THAT POPS UP ASKS WHAT PROGRAM i WANT TO US TO OPEN IT. WHEN I TRIED SENDING A GAME MOVE TO MY FRIEND HE EXPERIENCED THE SAME PROBLEM. SO HOW DO WE OPEN THE COMMANDER EUROPE AT WAR GAME MOVES WHEN PLAYING BY PBEM?

WHAT PROGRAM DO I USE TO OPEN THIS DOWNLOADED MATERIAL?

THANKS,
ERIC

Veldor -> RE: COMMANDER EUROPE AT WAR PBEM??? (12/12/2007 8:50:13 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: E1492H

I CAN DOWNLOAD THE GAME MOVE MY FRIEND SENT ME BUT I CANNOT OPEN IT. THE COMPUTER MESSAGE THAT POPS UP ASKS WHAT PROGRAM i WANT TO US TO OPEN IT. WHEN I TRIED SENDING A GAME MOVE TO MY FRIEND HE EXPERIENCED THE SAME PROBLEM. SO HOW DO WE OPEN THE COMMANDER EUROPE AT WAR GAME MOVES WHEN PLAYING BY PBEM?

WHAT PROGRAM DO I USE TO OPEN THIS DOWNLOADED MATERIAL?

THANKS,
ERIC

It pretty much works the same way for all PBEM games. You need to first save the file into the game directory (generally in the same directory you save regular games too) and then launch the game and load it like you would any other saved game you were playing just by yourself.

Though you bring up a great point. It should actually work the way you describe. It wouldn't be a difficult change but I think we are all just use to doing things the hard way...

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI