HQ Icons (the other ones) (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Scenario Design

Dr. Foo -> HQ Icons (the other ones) (12/13/2007 12:37:01 AM)

I understand the benefits of the HQ units but do the other icons that could be used for an HQ possess the same benefits.

Such as:

The checkered HQ icon,

the KG icon,

the CCA. CCB, CCC, CCR,

the BG, and TF icons.

Thank you.

JAMiAM -> RE: HQ Icons (the other ones) (12/13/2007 4:23:27 AM)

The checkered HQ icon, yes. The others, no.

cymloveselva -> RE: HQ Icons (the other ones) (2/1/2008 9:05:26 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dr. Foo

I understand the benefits of the HQ units but do the other icons that could be used for an HQ possess the same benefits.

Such as:

The checkered HQ icon,

the KG icon,

the CCA. CCB, CCC, CCR,

the BG, and TF icons.

Thank you.

I wonder what's the difference between HQ icon, the KG icon, the CCA. CCB, CCC, CCR, the BG, and TF...
Someone (especially veteran) should know these well, right?[:)]

ColinWright -> RE: HQ Icons (the other ones) (2/1/2008 9:17:21 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: cymloveselva

quote:

Such as:

The checkered HQ icon,

the KG icon,

the CCA. CCB, CCC, CCR,

the BG, and TF icons.

Thank you.

I wonder what's the difference between HQ icon, the KG icon, the CCA. CCB, CCC, CCR, the BG, and TF...

HQ's -- real HQ's -- provide a 50% boost in supply to adjacent, fully cooperative units. They also increase the likelihood that such units will recover from being in reorganization (or maybe they have to actually be stacked with them to have the effect).

Ranged artillery in HQ's can fire at range. HQ's are more likely to be able to disengage. You can put supply and command squads in them and produce various effects. It'll do bad things to a formation if its HQ is destroyed -- I think it's more likely to go into reorganization.

None of these properties are true of the other symbols you mention. They're just more units as far as I know.

cymloveselva -> RE: HQ Icons (the other ones) (2/1/2008 9:23:14 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ColinWright

quote:

ORIGINAL: cymloveselva

quote:

Such as:

The checkered HQ icon,

the KG icon,

the CCA. CCB, CCC, CCR,

the BG, and TF icons.

Thank you.

HQ's -- real HQ's -- provide a 50% boost in supply to adjacent, fully cooperative units. They also increase the likelihood that such units will recover from being in reorganization (or maybe they have to actually be stacked with them to have the effect).

Ranged artillery in HQ's can fire at range. HQ's are more likely to be able to disengage. You can put supply and command squads in them and produce various effects. It'll do bad things to a formation if its HQ is destroyed -- I think it's more likely to go into reorganization.

None of these properties are true of the other symbols you mention. They're just more units as far as I know.

Never know the purpose of having these "other" icon as well, I supposed...[:(]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI