Leaders not arriving with reinforcements??? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory

semper fi -> Leaders not arriving with reinforcements??? (12/14/2007 10:33:10 PM)

In tactical combat, reinforcements are arriving without their leaders. Is this a known issue? Will it be fixed in the next patch?

ericbabe -> RE: Leaders not arriving with reinforcements??? (12/15/2007 2:16:48 AM)

Leaders have never arrived with reinforcements.  It's actually never been designed to work that way, so technically it's not a thing that needs fixing, but we may consider changing the way this works in the expansion.

1LTRambo -> RE: Leaders not arriving with reinforcements??? (12/15/2007 3:26:47 AM)

I have noticed that units showing up as reinforcements end up becoming detatched from the main corps or army. Then, if the corps or army is moving out of the province, the unit gets left behind. This is very upsetting as I have lost combat power in the upcoming battle or also the left behind unit gets destroyed or captured by another enemy attack within the same province. Is this supposed to happen? [&:]

semper fi -> RE: Leaders not arriving with reinforcements??? (12/15/2007 3:37:52 AM)

Please include fix this in the expansion!!! Units need their leaders to be fully functional.

1LTRambo -> RE: Leaders not arriving with reinforcements??? (12/15/2007 3:43:22 AM)

semper fi
I have only seen reinforcements as single divisions and it is my understanding that leaders are only attached to corps and armies. Therefore, a reinforcement from an adjacent army or corps would not include a leader from that unit. If I'm wrong in this, then I would like some clarification also. Especially on the question that I posed earlier.

semper fi -> RE: Leaders not arriving with reinforcements??? (12/15/2007 3:52:23 AM)

1stLt Rambo,

I've had armies (multiple corps) arrive as reinforments, but with no leaders. This needs to be corrected. In regards to your earleir post, that also needs to be fixed. Divisions arriving as reinforcements should not be detached from their parent corps/armies upon the conclusion of combat.

1LTRambo -> RE: Leaders not arriving with reinforcements??? (12/15/2007 4:03:25 AM)

I've never had anything more than a single division show up as a reinforcement. I fully agree with you that reinforcements needs to be fixed though. I hate it when I have to watch helplessly as one of my units gets left behind and then smashed by an enemy unit passing through after the original battle. I will have to pay more attention to the larger reinforcements. I always play with my armies going in different directions and normally not co-located. That maybe why I have not seen units crossing like this.

semper fi -> RE: Leaders not arriving with reinforcements??? (12/15/2007 6:50:00 AM)

I always try to keep my armies/corps in close proximity to each other (1 x province away). This way they are mutually supporting in case one gets jumped on by the enemy. Napoleon, in maneuvering his Grande Armee, always had his corps within a days march of each other for that very reason. Anyway, I hope they fix this issue...

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI