SHP list (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Galanti -> SHP list (9/15/2000 5:41:00 AM)

Does anyone know of a listing of all the SHP files in the game? I'd like to change the minefield icons to the originals found in SPI. Anyone know if this is even possible? By the way, has anyone else noticed the gorgeous new graphics for the Soviet tanks? Makes my mouse linger for a few more moments over the fire button...

Warhorse -> (9/15/2000 6:45:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by Galanti: Does anyone know of a listing of all the SHP files in the game? I'd like to change the minefield icons to the originals found in SPI. Anyone know if this is even possible? By the way, has anyone else noticed the gorgeous new graphics for the Soviet tanks? Makes my mouse linger for a few more moments over the fire button...
Galanti, first, thanks for noticing the new look on the Soviets, I'm not done with all of them yet, but got a few done!! As to the list, yes, there is one, there are 1109 in the list, so it's long, also a bit confusing, but it will tell you all the numbers, and what's what. Write me at mikea@matrixgames.com, and I'll send it to you, not sure if it came with the download, since I've had it in my directory since over a year ago!! It's called "icon data list-Sept 5.txt, or something to that effect, it would be in document folder, or maybe main directory, if it came with the game. I'm also slowly working on a Winter camo set, starting with the Germans, not sure when I'll get it done, with other projects, but stay tuned!! Later, ------------------ Mike Amos Meine Ehre Heisst Treue

Don -> (9/15/2000 9:22:00 AM)

Hi Galanti, You should find mines in SHP file #14. Be sure you know how to use the SHP editor, use backup files and make sure you know how to use the "Fix Header" feature. Have fun, Don

Galanti -> (9/15/2000 9:42:00 AM)

Don, Thanks! You saved me a lot of time! I just swapped that SHP file with the one that shipped with the original SP and it works just great.

Reg -> (9/15/2000 1:52:00 PM)

quote:

Originally posted by Galanti: By the way, has anyone else noticed the gorgeous new graphics for the Soviet tanks? Makes my mouse linger for a few more moments over the fire button...
I downloaded the SHP editor and used it to browse through the SHP files. As of V2.3 there were still a lot of SP3 icons left in the files. For me it was a real treat to see the SPWaW and SP3 icons for same vehicle side by side. ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!!! You guys have done a wonderful job of turning what were adequate icons into works of art!! Congratulations!!! Reg.

Don -> (9/15/2000 2:34:00 PM)

Yes, there are alot of old icons in the shp files. From what I understand, they used to have to make an icon several times facing different directions, and alot of those are still in there. Now the game only uses east facing icons, which is every third icon starting with the second one (2nd, 5th, 8th, so on).

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI