Undoing move and reinforcement (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory

kucing -> Undoing move and reinforcement (12/16/2007 3:00:55 PM)

I have just bought the game and there are two newbie questions on my mind right now:
1. On the strategic map, how do you undo army/corps/fleet/unit movements?
2. How do I reinforce my divisions after battles to return them to full strength?
Any help is appreciated, thanks.

MilRevKo -> RE: Undoing move and reinforcement (12/16/2007 3:07:01 PM)

1) Use backspace to undo last action
2) The computer allocates reinforcements (I think...?)

kucing -> RE: Undoing move and reinforcement (12/16/2007 3:12:41 PM)

2. So it's automatically done and I do not have to do anything extra?

A new question:
3. When my division breaks in strategic combat, is there any way to rally the troops? Or do I have to wait until they rallied themselves?

jkBluesman -> RE: Undoing move and reinforcement (12/16/2007 6:35:09 PM)

2. The division or the container it is in should not forage but receive supplies.
3. You may try to rally them with the help of a one star general IIRC.

ericbabe -> RE: Undoing move and reinforcement (12/16/2007 6:40:08 PM)

The undo on the strategic map was added in a patch, so make sure you have the latest COG patch in order to use the backspace key.

The computer indeed automatically does allocate reinforcements.  Units that are in-supply and in your home territory receive more reinforcements than units out-of-supply or in enemy territory.  To increase the overall number of available reinforcements, use the draft options in the middle bottom of the nation screen.

In detailed combat, a broken division has a chance each turn to rally on its own based on checks made by leaders attached to its military group(s).  To further increase these chances, you can transfer a general to a broken division (by using the 'g' key: when you have another division with a general, move the mouse over another division on the map without a general and press the 'g' key); generals attached directly to a division in detailed combat provide an additional chance to rally each turn, and have a chance to restore morale to broken units as well.

kucing -> RE: Undoing move and reinforcement (12/17/2007 3:41:06 AM)

Thanks! Yes I have patched it to the latest version.

Yet another question if I may:
4. Is it better to have a small elite army or larger but lower morale army? I read Ralegh's guide and he mentioned restricting the age and increasing the training length to increase the morale. But is it enough? I thought good armies need at least 5-6 morale minimum. The reason I asked this is when I test played Sweden in Balanced scenario and attacking Copenhagen, my troops gets broken far too quickly due to low morale. It seems if I have smaller but elite army, I can win the battles easier.
5. Following up from previous question, what is good morale range for normal army (i.e. non-guards)?

jkBluesman -> RE: Undoing move and reinforcement (12/17/2007 4:40:16 PM)

4. Against the Danish corps? Morale is not everything. Upgrades, the mixture of arms and units is equaliy important.
5. Roughly 5 is good enough for most battles, i.e. if you follow Ralegh you get an average of 4,70 IIRC. With generals and gards you may raise the morale over 5 which is perfectly fine.

kucing -> RE: Undoing move and reinforcement (12/18/2007 12:38:10 AM)

Thanks for the info.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI