Busy Signal (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Guns of August 1914 - 1918 >> Guns of August Support

Samdavisrises -> Busy Signal (12/16/2007 4:05:26 PM)

At the end of the first complete turn, I hit continue, the computer thinks for a second, and their is a sound like a gun firing (one of my attacks I assume), and the location of the continue button keeps merely saying busy. I have let it go for over 20 minutes. It just can't seem to kick over to the next turn. I have tried turning the sound off, as the others have mentioned, reloading, making a new scenario, and restarting the comp. This also applies on other year scenarios. I just bought the game and muddled through the first turn with the help of the sticky posted guide. Is all of this in vain? Is this a patch issue?

daywalker -> RE: Busy Signal (12/18/2007 10:44:12 AM)

I had the same problem as you once DL the 1.20 patch. Try turning down the screen resolution.

huggybear60 -> RE: Busy Signal (2/1/2008 1:53:51 AM)

Yeah, there is an apparent issue with the 1280x1024 resolution. The busy signal at top right corner stays because you are unable to hit the arrow button at the bottom of the screen. There is an information box that normally appears at the bottom in other resolutions that I tested 1024x768 and the one after 1280x1024, this box contains an arrow button which you must click on to continue. Thought it was odd that Windows task manager processes (press alt+delete) said Guns of August was still running as opposed to not responding and was able to press 'x' in top corner to close GOA and mouse was able to do so. Hope this helps.

SlickWilhelm -> RE: Busy Signal (4/20/2008 5:47:51 PM)

Thanks huggybear! I ran into this exact problem on my laptop at 1280x800 resolution. All I had to do was reduce the size of my task bar, and then the "continue" arrow magically appeared. My compliments, sir!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI