The wrong Duke of Brunswick ? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support

DCWhitworth -> The wrong Duke of Brunswick ? (12/20/2007 1:02:51 AM)

Not a bug in the game but an error in the documentation I think. I'm pretty sure the biography for the Duke of Brunswick is for the wrong Duke. I think the counter in the game represents Charles William Ferdinand who died as a result of wounds received at the battle of Jena in 1806. But the biography is for his son Frederick William

nappy -> RE: The wrong Duke of Brunswick ? (12/20/2007 5:52:18 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DCWhitworth

Not a bug in the game but an error in the documentation I think. I'm pretty sure the biography for the Duke of Brunswick is for the wrong Duke. I think the counter in the game represents Charles William Ferdinand who died as a result of wounds received at the battle of Jena in 1806. But the biography is for his son Frederick William

It always has been my interpretation that the Brunswick leader is indeed Charles William of Brunswick-Luneburg-Wolfenbuttel. Yet Whitworth is right the biography is for his fourth son, the Black Duke, who commanded the Brunswick Black Legion not the elder Prussian General. It wouldnt make sense for him to be the Major leader as it was his father that faced Davout at Auerstadt.

Naps

Marshall Ellis -> RE: The wrong Duke of Brunswick ? (12/20/2007 5:09:36 PM)

We'll look into this...

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI