gtm -5 pbem wanted (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Opponents Wanted

leopoldo -> gtm -5 pbem wanted (12/21/2007 9:29:04 AM)

hi, im a great fan of strategy games..but totally new to this one, and against the Ai, it get even worse, i cant understand a lot of things..im looking for a game, not too hard just to clear things up and see how this game rally works agains humans rivals

mi email direction is:

leopoldopb@gmail.com

thank you very much

denxis1 -> RE: gtm -5 pbem wanted (12/23/2007 5:36:33 AM)

well your honest I am new to the game too anybody else looking for a try at this game ?

Trent -> RE: gtm -5 pbem wanted (12/23/2007 8:16:48 PM)

I could be free for a game too :) I'm advanced though, i play for 3 years on board.

denxis1 -> RE: gtm -5 pbem wanted (12/24/2007 3:08:45 AM)

well looks like may be a start here...

Trent -> RE: gtm -5 pbem wanted (12/24/2007 3:12:47 AM)

Indeed, so, do you want to take the lead ?

denxis1 -> RE: gtm -5 pbem wanted (12/24/2007 3:40:56 AM)

Ok just to get things started as my experience is a bit limited with the game. Joining will be a first come first serve basis i.e. first 7 people to request entry in the game with a post here will be the lucky few. We will sort out the details as we go.

ecn1 -> RE: gtm -5 pbem wanted (12/24/2007 4:43:45 AM)

count me in

erik
ecn1@cornell.edu

Trent -> RE: gtm -5 pbem wanted (12/24/2007 4:53:24 AM)

Trent = preference for GB or Austria ( Mst-arnault@hotmail.com )
Denxis = ?
ECN1 = ? ( ecn1@cornell.edu )

Leopoldo = ? ( leopoldopb@gmail.com )

i would like to skip the bet.

ecn1 -> RE: gtm -5 pbem wanted (12/24/2007 5:37:29 AM)

i would prefer not to skip bidding as I think its the fairest means of selection...but if I am outvoted I am outvoted

erik

Kayuucee -> RE: gtm -5 pbem wanted (12/24/2007 9:22:31 AM)

I am interested in playing.

Kenneth Crist

larrywrose -> RE: gtm -5 pbem wanted (12/24/2007 9:24:50 AM)

I am also interested. I haven't played in years and some of the rules are a little different from what I remember from about 20(?) years ago or so. I have been playing the PC and I am trying to figure out the email game system with a friend. I can be reached at:

larrywrose@yahoo.com

Thanks
Larry W. Rose

AGT4533 -> RE: gtm -5 pbem wanted (12/24/2007 5:45:13 PM)

I would like to play, too. I think this makes seven?

larrywrose -> RE: gtm -5 pbem wanted (12/24/2007 6:13:11 PM)

Looks like we have our game:
leopoldo
denxis1 Denis
Trent
ecn1 Erik
Kayuucee Kenneth Crist
Larrywrose Larry W. Rose
Agt4533

The only problem with bidding is that several players are new and could eaisly overbid. On the other hand it looks like it is going to be a learning game anyway. Denis are you going to host? If not I will volunteer. This looks like a first for all of us. Looking forward to having some fun here.

Larry W. Rose

Mardonius -> RE: gtm -5 pbem wanted (12/24/2007 6:49:43 PM)

Let m e know if you need another.
I would be eager to join a game.

best
Mardonius

denxis1 -> RE: gtm -5 pbem wanted (12/24/2007 10:55:45 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: larrywrose

Looks like we have our game:
leopoldo
denxis1 Denis
Trent
ecn1 Erik
Kayuucee Kenneth Crist
Larrywrose Larry W. Rose
Agt4533

The only problem with bidding is that several players are new and could eaisly overbid. On the other hand it looks like it is going to be a learning game anyway. Denis are you going to host? If not I will volunteer. This looks like a first for all of us. Looking forward to having some fun here.

Larry W. Rose

Larry since you volunteered to host your it.. as long as all agree I have no problem with it.

I do think we need to take a vote on bidding. I would like to try bidding as it adds another layer of decision making to the game but it is not a big point with me either.

As its stands now on bidding looks like the current votes are.

Y bid - N no bidding

Leopoldo - ?
denxis1 Denis - Y
Trent - N
ecn1 Erik - Y
Kayuucee Kenneth Crist - ?
Larrywrose Larry W. Rose - ?
Agt4533 - ?

If we end up not bidding I would like Russia or Turkey but I am agreeable to just about any country.

denxis1 -> RE: gtm -5 pbem wanted (12/24/2007 10:57:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mardonius

Let m e know if you need another.
I would be eager to join a game.

best
Mardonius

Thanks for the post yes if we have a drop out you are most welcome.

AGT4533 -> RE: gtm -5 pbem wanted (12/24/2007 11:25:47 PM)

Yes to bidding.

Trent -> RE: gtm -5 pbem wanted (12/24/2007 11:26:04 PM)

I suggest to you guys to create a group or a forum somewhere to make our diplomacy. Plus, i would like to know when people are disposed to start ?

and well, let's bid... forget what i said before.

Kayuucee -> RE: gtm -5 pbem wanted (12/25/2007 2:45:33 AM)

I vote for bidding.

As this is a first time for some people, I suggest that we try a simple bid system. When bidding use the numbers 1 through 7. 7 being for the country you most want, 1 for the least. You cannot use the same number more than once.

This will prevent over bidding.

Kenneth Crist

Romulus68 -> RE: gtm -5 pbem wanted (12/25/2007 2:55:01 AM)

Here is a great site to make the game Forum. I like it better than Yahoo.

http://myfreeforum.org/

Let me add.....It's like a real forum and the creator can add private threads, host files, etc like a normal board.

ecn1 -> RE: gtm -5 pbem wanted (12/25/2007 4:38:16 AM)

Two Things

1. I recommend google groups for a game forum and we share our pbem files....I set one up for the eia game I am hosting now and it works great...happy to set one up for this game...

see http://groups.google.com/group/eia_ezra?hl=en as example of what you can do

2. Lets use the official game bidding system, none of this 1-7 bs. It matters to use the suggested bidding system for victory pts etc. Its incredibly easy to use...just download the program and make your bids. I have done this once already, and happy to host the bidding, just send your bid files to me and I will run the program

erik

denxis1 -> RE: gtm -5 pbem wanted (12/25/2007 6:56:10 AM)

Y bid - N no bidding

Leopoldo - ?
denxis1 Denis - Y
Trent - y
ecn1 Erik - Y
Kayuucee Kenneth Crist - y
Larrywrose Larry W. Rose - ?
Agt4533 - y

Looks like bidding with a majority vote of 5 for bidding . Kenneth's bid idea is a good one but I think it better to use the bidding program supplied with the game for continuity.

Wow some really great ideas! I like Trent's idea of putting together a forum for the game. Both suggestions are good but I think a Google forum would be best as I looked at both and the Google site had a much faster response time when I was clicking on links. I just hate to wait.

Trent -> RE: gtm -5 pbem wanted (12/25/2007 7:20:14 PM)

Yeah, the main line for the forum was to having a topic for every country's diplomacy ( like ambassy ). Well... Let's create the ''google thing'' and let's put the pieces together to start before the end of the week.

ecn1 -> RE: gtm -5 pbem wanted (12/25/2007 9:31:09 PM)

So to be clear

1. who is hosting the game? I can host if you want, doing it now for another game and have done it befort e

2. what do you want to call this game? let me know, and I will set up a google group

3. In addition, to set up the google group, I need to have your email address that you wish to use for game correspondence

erik

Trent -> RE: gtm -5 pbem wanted (12/25/2007 10:02:10 PM)

You should host the game
Napoleon's remake : the name of the game.
and to me : Mst-arnault@hotmail.com

denxis1 -> RE: gtm -5 pbem wanted (12/25/2007 11:27:33 PM)

yes erik if you have experience please host but check with Kenneth he had offered earlier
I am ok with the name "Napoleon's remake"
my email address for the game is denxis1@gmail.com

denxis1 -> RE: gtm -5 pbem wanted (12/25/2007 11:47:53 PM)

What kind of turn around time are we looking at here? 24 hr 36 hr? I would like this to move at a decent pace but want it to be flexible for those with a life.

ecn1 -> RE: gtm -5 pbem wanted (12/26/2007 2:57:24 AM)

i would hope that everyone would be able to usually do their turns within 12hrs of receiving the proper files, no more than 24hrs...

otherwise, you are literally talking about playing this game for about 5 years

ecn1 -> RE: gtm -5 pbem wanted (12/26/2007 3:06:17 AM)

Unless anyone objects, I offer to host.

Send an email with your Matrix name and your email that you are using for this game to ecn1@cornell.edu.

OK if you have not done so already download the GAP here:
http://www.matrixgames.com/games/downloads.asp?gid=285
Please read this handy post before you start the GAP and put in your bids
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1641790

I would suggest we call our game remake (it needs to be short and one word).

After using GAP save your file as remake_yourname and send it to ecn1@cornell.edu

I would also suggest the following for optional rules unless there is great dissent:

Winter Land Movement +
Guard Commit +
Allow PBEM Host +
Allow Option Changes during the game -
Third Party battle resolution -
PBEM passwords +
Econ Manip +
GB/FR War +
Leader Cas +
Priv -
PBEM Quick -

Also, i suggest a house rule that GB and FR may only have an unconditional surrender, - that GB must remove Nappy and FR must remove two fleets. Several PBEM games have instituted this rule and I am playing with it now in a game. It keeps GB and France from resolving their differences without consequence and just ganging up, etc.

Let me know what you all think.

erik

Trent -> RE: gtm -5 pbem wanted (12/26/2007 3:43:47 AM)

To me :

No Privateers.
No Winter Mov.
No Options Change.
No Third Party Resolution.

And no opinion on the last rule, it doesnt matter to me.

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI