Replay Bug (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support

gax -> Replay Bug (12/22/2007 2:10:24 AM)

hi

I'm playing as Japan and my opponents are not receiving Combat Animations or Combat Summaries.

I have selected these options.

How can I fix this problem.

I have latest stock version 1.806.

Thanks
Joe

rtrapasso -> RE: Replay Bug (12/22/2007 3:14:15 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: gax

hi

I'm playing as Japan and my opponents are not receiving Combat Animations or Combat Summaries.

Thanks
Joe

Uh-oh... did you start with "Historical First Turn On"?? [&:]

If you did - well you may well have serious problems. [:(]

USSAmerica -> RE: Replay Bug (12/22/2007 6:55:56 PM)

Hmm, I thought this problem with Historical first turn was fixed by 1.806, at least for new games started at that patch level?  My game last year was started at 1.804.  It was a real pain trying to keep track of all the combat, just from the animations.  We were able to get the animations turned on. 

jwilkerson -> RE: Replay Bug (12/22/2007 8:23:07 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: gax

hi

Thanks
Joe

Uh-oh... did you start with "Historical First Turn On"?? [&:]

If you did - well you may well have serious problems. [:(]

I've started several games with "Historical Start" .. such as my game with Moses (also 1.8.0.6) we did have this problem at the beginning, can't recall exactly what we did. Probably used the "POMPAC" method (Japanese player turns off all the reporting, waits a full turn, then turns it back on).

rtrapasso -> RE: Replay Bug (12/22/2007 8:31:57 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

Hmm, I thought this problem with Historical first turn was fixed by 1.806, at least for new games started at that patch level?  My game last year was started at 1.804.  It was a real pain trying to keep track of all the combat, just from the animations.  We were able to get the animations turned on. 

It's a tossup to get the animations restarted... some folks like (like USS AMerica) have gotten it restarted... other folks have tried repeatedly and failed. It's about 50/50 chance i think... many people have elected to restart if they are on turn 1.

EDIT: It is variable about how fast you can get it restarted (if it will in fact restart at all)... i think one group got it restarted after about 5-6 turns of trying... some can get it to restart right off the bat... and others have failed after several weeks of trying, iirc.

jwilkerson -> Animations not working w/ historical start (12/22/2007 8:35:54 PM)

In my case with Moses, we had two problems, one we were using different versions of the EXE, so we had constant replay problems and at least for one turn, we had no animations, I remember making sure we were running the same EXE eventually got everything working, but I don't recall what we did to get animations working, though we certainly did get them working! But my guess would be the POMPAC method, can't think of anything else I would've tried.

rtrapasso -> RE: Animations not working w/ historical start (12/22/2007 8:37:45 PM)

Well, if you want to try, here is the Pompack Patented Procedure (usually used to restore sync:)

1. Japanese player, receives Allied turn.

2. Japanese player turns off COMBAT REPORTS

3. Japanese player watches combat, enters orders and sends to Allied Player. (Japanese player does without combat reports and SIGINT for one turn; take good notes during combat)

4 . Allied player watches replay with COMBAT REPORTS ON (AFAIK)

5. Allied player enters orders and sends to Japanese Player

6. Japanese Player receives allied turn, turns ON COMBAT REPORTS

7. Japanese player watches combat, enters orders and sends to Allied Player.

rtrapasso -> RE: Animations not working w/ historical start (12/22/2007 8:51:19 PM)

OK, here is the previous big thread on this problem:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=1369285

One thing you can do first is to make absolutely positively sure both you and you opponent have the same EXE file and PWHEX files.

If you both are running the same files, you can try the POMPACK PROCEDURE - otherwise a restart is order.

EDIT: of course, this is all assuming that you are in fact running historical first turn.

rtrapasso -> RE: Replay Bug (12/22/2007 9:00:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

err... weren't you the one that reported you had duplicated the bug under 1.806??? [&:]

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=1509034

USSAmerica -> RE: Replay Bug (12/23/2007 12:59:42 AM)

OK, Bob, now you're making me actually use my memory.  [:D]

The best that I can recall, Monterey and I started our game at 1.804, with Historical 1st Turn ON.  We had combat animations, but could not get Combat Reports to work.  After upgrading to 1.806 on each end, we could start new games with Historical 1st Turn ON and Combat Reports would work, but our game previously started under 1.804 was still not generating Combat Reports. 

I'll go look at the old thread to make sure my memory is still working.  [;)]

USSAmerica -> RE: Replay Bug (12/23/2007 1:13:27 AM)

On further review.... [;)]

I reread the post you linked from July, and now remember that the problem was still there wit 1.806.  It's a dice roll if it can be corrected or not.  Monterey and I just came up with snake eyes. 

I sure am glad Mynok and I decided on a non-historical first turn for our new game.  [8D]

Sorry for the confusion, guys.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI