Desire to Rotate through all Units (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support

Filmstudy -> Desire to Rotate through all Units (12/24/2007 4:04:37 AM)

Is there a way to rotate through all controlled units during the land phase (or naval phase for that matter)?

I have been frustrated by autoforaging since that will make a unit ineligible for city attack, and it would help speed up land phase in PBEM games by ensuring the unsure that they have moved all units.

I'd also like a way to rotate through free states during the econ phase to ensure each has done their building and corp purchasing.

EIA is the best ever board game, IMO. The PBEM version is a great treat for folks that have slipped into adulthood and still would like to play.

Marshall Ellis -> RE: Desire to Rotate through all Units (12/24/2007 3:58:06 PM)

Are saying something like a next unit button?

boethos -> RE: Desire to Rotate through all Units (12/25/2007 5:22:40 PM)

Yes, a 'next unit' button would be very nice.  I've been using the 'view units' button at the top and just scrolling down the list but that is a slow and tedious way to do it if you have to scroll through a lot of units.  Hmm.... I guess a 'next unit' button would be slow also if it scrolled through every unit....  it would have to be units that have not foraged and/or can still do something this turn.  Logistics on that button would be tricky, but it would be a very nice feature.

Filmstudy -> RE: Desire to Rotate through all Units (12/26/2007 7:46:26 AM)

Yes, a next unit button would be useful, particularly to determine where costs of supply are coming from. It can be difficult to find that one corps that is not on a depot and costing you 2 instead of .5.

Also, the autoforage button can mess you up if doing an attack where you plan subsequently to assault. If even a single corp (typically a cav) can autoforage, then the whole stack can't assault. Is this a design tradeoff or an unintentioned consequence?

Jimmer -> RE: Desire to Rotate through all Units (12/26/2007 5:53:49 PM)

A next unit button would be excellent.

I will add another feature: A checklist of 'things to do'. The player can check or uncheck whether he cares about some of these, but there would be one all-encompassing checklist, with things like:

* Visited corps list (movement, reinforcement)
* Visited fleet list (movement, reinforcement)
* Visited all free states (reinforcement, economic)
* For viewing, a master list of all owned minors, with "free state" and "conquered" listed.

Note that some of the above could be done very easily by simply putting sort buttons into already-existing interface windows. For example, if we could sort the corps list by their current status (foraged, normal supply, not on map, etc.), this would allow checking the "list" without having to scroll too much.

Another interface window that could use sort buttons is the minor/major status window. This is the one that shows a cross-grid with the major names across the top and all the nations (major, then minor) down the left. If there were a drop-down box at the top with

* war
* conquered
* free state
* allied
* influenced

such that, when chosen, the owner's column is sorted with the selected value at the top, that would REALLY help. Then, one could look over one's list of free states at a glance. The other information would still be there, but would have to be sorted "normally" to see without scrolling. Note that this would have the side-benefit of allowing the window to be smaller.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI