CEAW Noob, so please dont straffe and bomb me, need some guidance! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Commander - Europe at War Gold >> The War Room

Grandpa Troll -> CEAW Noob, so please dont straffe and bomb me, need some guidance! (12/25/2007 5:56:29 PM)

Greetings one and all, I heard of this great game over at Apolyton.net, where I am a long time member and also a Staff Member. I am a very die hard Civer who has been checking out some other games, I am tickled to death over my recent purchase of this game!

Ok, here goes:

1) How do I generate units in cities other than Berlin(I enjoy being the Axis!)?

2) Is pirating (or rather intercepting and sinking convoys) worth it?

3) Does having a HUGE Force bring on negative impacts on perhaps your funding(If thetre is such a thing) or unhappiness, or can you build as much as you have points for with no downside?

4) With 1945 turned off, am I to assume I can basically play until I have conquered all nations?

5) Italy has joined me, so now I do control there units? If so, am I able to produce units of Italian origin within the Italian territory?

Thanks for any/all assistance!

Please forgivbe me if I am out of line or in wrong forum, I couldnt see a "Help" forum for noobs!

PS I am 48.5 years old, so some of this may seem very elementary but I am starting fresh here, thanks again for help!

Grandpa Troll

Grandpa Troll -> RE: CEAW Noob, so please dont straffe and bomb me, need some guidance! (12/25/2007 6:44:40 PM)

Ok, I did figure out after staring at the board, how to deploy troops to other cities, duh!

I am guessing that even though you occupy a land such as France, you cannot deploy troops through that nations cities?

Thanks

Gramps

Shawkhan -> RE: CEAW Noob, so please dont straffe and bomb me, need some guidance! (12/25/2007 9:54:34 PM)

1.Under the options tab in game you can adjust the map darkness to enable you to better see where you may deploy new units. Deployment is limited to the home country.
2.The prime target for the axis u-boats should be the British navy. Once the British navy is weakened, six u-boats can surround a convoy and attack it until destroyed. This wolfpack technique is mainly needed only for the Murmansk convoys that appear after the USSR is in the war.
3.Build a force as large as you like. The only problems that arise are possible manpower shortages, reducing replacement quality and oil shortages because of too many mobile forces, if you play with the oil rules as everyone should.
4.Or they conquer you, I guess, although I have never played past June, 1945.
5.Yes, indeed.

Grandpa Troll -> RE: CEAW Noob, so please dont straffe and bomb me, need some guidance! (12/25/2007 10:36:05 PM)

Thank you very much!

Gramps

Grandpa Troll -> RE: CEAW Noob, so please dont straffe and bomb me, need some guidance! (12/26/2007 4:11:38 AM)

I am now remembering how it all played out, I was conquering Spain so as to occupy the total east coast of Europe when BAM USSR joined the Allies and wouldnt ya know it, they have a solid wall of troops massed on my western front,not so quiet there.

Does USSR try to run roughshod or would they be more defensive?

I will find out, and this is a great game, so many fronts, I am in addition trying to support Italy on the African Continent.

1) Is there no way for Italy to produce troops?

2) If so, how do they?

Thanks for any/all feedback!

Gramps

Shawkhan -> RE: CEAW Noob, so please dont straffe and bomb me, need some guidance! (12/26/2007 6:58:05 AM)

There are arrows on the production screen. Click them and you go to Italian production. They also have their own research screen as well.

Grandpa Troll -> RE: CEAW Noob, so please dont straffe and bomb me, need some guidance! (12/26/2007 9:51:29 PM)

Thanks

I see where you simply use the arrows to select the Flag, I was clicking on the flag down on bottom, DUH!!!

I do appreciate the comebacks and assistance

Gramps

Grandpa Troll -> RE: CEAW Noob, so please dont straffe and bomb me, need some guidance! (12/28/2007 1:13:44 AM)

Ok, as in many new games, I slowly pick things up

DUH!!

I have restarted because I was noticing I was not doing as well as I should, now I see why you build labs[:o]

Ok, will keep one and all posted[&o][8D]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI