Are Forage Rolls Uniformly Distributed for AI? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support

Filmstudy -> Are Forage Rolls Uniformly Distributed for AI? (12/26/2007 7:40:55 AM)

I looked back at about 60 to 80 rolls for AI players foraging and found not a single 6 was rolled prior to modification. Is this some sort of design choice where there is only a 1 in 100 chance of a 6, say, but the other numbers occur equally often?

Monadman -> RE: Are Forage Rolls Uniformly Distributed for AI? (12/26/2007 5:34:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Filmstudy

I looked back at about 60 to 80 rolls for AI players foraging and found not a single 6 was rolled prior to modification. Is this some sort of design choice where there is only a 1 in 100 chance of a 6, say, but the other numbers occur equally often?

Hmmm . . . interesting.

Something is wrong with the AI forage rolls. After running a test game thru one year of play, I never saw a roll of [6] for AI foraging and very rarely saw a [4] or [5]. What I did see was a disproportional amount of [1], [2] and [3] rolls. I’m guessing that the modifier is being used twice but only Marshall knows and will need to check his code for the actual culprit.

Thanks

Richard

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI