RE: OT- Proposed computer build-HELP!!!! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

marky -> RE: OT- Proposed computer build-HELP!!!! (12/27/2007 6:33:42 AM)

[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

WCTC

msaario -> RE: OT- Proposed computer build-HELP!!!! (12/27/2007 8:32:59 AM)

Be careful whether you go for the "new" 8800 GTS or a GT (both G92?). Check tomshardware.com for the actual specs and price/performance ratio before you buy... I read the "new" GTS is less bang-for-buck than the GT. I got the "old" GTS a few months ago (not that it has anything wrong except some distorded graphics in some games such as Call of Duty 2).

--Mikko

msaario -> RE: OT- Proposed computer build-HELP!!!! (12/27/2007 8:37:39 AM)

The 226BW is an excellent monitor - got the same one!

850W psu might be a bit overkill, but lots of power is good of course. Mine is 750W and it is probably too much for the graphics card.

--Mikko

hvymtl13 -> RE: OT- Proposed computer build-HELP!!!! (12/27/2007 12:51:11 PM)

OMG I just wasted three minutes of my life reading this. Leet speak is similar to pulling your pants down so that your underwear show. You just use letters sounds in place of the words. ie: b4 = before. newway = anyway... N  E  Way. Yeah i know it's uh, ,, special.. About as speciual as thinking someone is impressed with your underwear. Thanks for sharing though.

AW1Steve -> RE: OT- Proposed computer build-HELP!!!! (12/27/2007 12:58:48 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: hvymtl13

OMG I just wasted three minutes of my life reading this. Leet speak is similar to pulling your pants down so that your underwear show. You just use letters sounds in place of the words. ie: b4 = before. newway = anyway... N  E  Way. Yeah i know it's uh, ,, special.. About as speciual as thinking someone is impressed with your underwear. Thanks for sharing though.

[:D] Sorry for the lost three minutes of your life , but I appreciate the translation. [:D]

[:-][:-][:-][:-]Marky , I'm gonna smack you! All this time and you've been handing me the current generations equivalent of pig latin! [:-][:-][:-][:-][:-][:-]

rtrapasso -> RE: OT- Proposed computer build-HELP!!!! (12/27/2007 2:09:51 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

quote:

[:D] Sorry for the lost three minutes of your life , but I appreciate the translation. [:D]

[:-][:-][:-][:-]Marky , I'm gonna smack you! All this time and you've been handing me the current generations equivalent of pig latin! [:-][:-][:-][:-][:-][:-]

...said the man who delights in posting backwards spelled messages... [:-] [:'(]

AW1Steve -> RE: OT- Proposed computer build-HELP!!!! (12/27/2007 2:42:42 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

quote:

...said the man who delights in posting backwards spelled messages... [:-] [:'(]

[:D]Only in the proper place, out of respect. When visiting another country, church, culture or sports stadium you should always follow the local traditions and procedures.To do otherwise would be rude. [:D]

marky -> RE: OT- Proposed computer build-HELP!!!! (12/29/2007 4:38:09 AM)

ROFLMAO

AW1Steve -> RE: OT- Proposed computer build-HELP!!!! (12/29/2007 4:51:44 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: marky

ROFLMAO

[:D] OK, you've had your laugh at the expense of the old guy. Now when are you going to type english? Or do I have to make a road trip to cheese land and smack you? I should have done that this summer when I drove thru Wisconsin. Bang, right the upside of the head! Reset! . ...[:D]

marky -> RE: OT- Proposed computer build-HELP!!!! (12/29/2007 9:44:21 PM)

[:D][:D][:D][:D]

whr in wi wer u?

err  i mean...

where in wisconsin were you?

hehehehehehehe....

AW1Steve -> RE: OT- Proposed computer build-HELP!!!! (12/29/2007 10:34:08 PM)

quote:

[:D][:D][:D][:D]

whr in wi wer u?

err  i mean...

where in wisconsin were you?

hehehehehehehe....

[:)] We stopped in Wisconsin Dell., basically traveled the whole of I-90. (Seattle,WA to Pennsylvannia). [:)]

marky -> RE: OT- Proposed computer build-HELP!!!! (12/30/2007 12:14:02 AM)

wowzerz, only an hour or so from me, missed a golden opportunity to smak me u did hmm yess!!!!!!! [:D]

*yoda laugh*

[:D]

AW1Steve -> RE: OT- Proposed computer build-HELP!!!! (12/30/2007 1:34:54 AM)

quote:

wowzerz, only an hour or so from me, missed a golden opportunity to smak me u did hmm yess!!!!!!! [:D]

*yoda laugh*

[:-] Don't get too smug...I feel another western trip coming up in the spring....[:-] [:D]

marky -> RE: OT- Proposed computer build-HELP!!!! (12/30/2007 12:47:16 PM)

AW1Steve -> RE: OT- Proposed computer build-HELP!!!! (12/30/2007 5:02:49 PM)

[:-] Smack! [:-]

Gem35 -> RE: OT- Proposed computer build-HELP!!!! (12/31/2007 2:50:39 AM)

Sorry to come in late, but a single 8800 GTS
and that monitor running games like Crysis would be the minimum, unless of course you don't need the eye candy on max settings.
Don't skimp on a power supply either, very important. Look for these brands

Crimguy -> RE: OT- Proposed computer build-HELP!!!! (12/31/2007 6:09:38 AM)

Fortunately, Crysis seems to be in a league by itself in terms of brining computers to a crawl.  I've got an 8800GT and it is humming along pretty damn well on full, but I'm "only" 1680x1050 (I know, that's soooo 2006 of me).

The 8800GT has a bit more power than most GTS models, but I understand they just revved the GTS so the new versions are actually faster than the GT.  Not $100 faster though ;-D

marky -> RE: OT- Proposed computer build-HELP!!!! (1/1/2008 1:18:21 AM)

1 i got picked out(G92 GTS 512) is or was only 360$

prices for teh GTs if u can find 1 is about 300

and i plan to get at least 1 of teh 9000s wen dey cum out [:D]

az for crysis its not meant to b run full blast now, but down teh road

but the thing is evryu1 keeps TRYING to run it full blast, spending more $$$ [;)]

Nomad -> RE: OT- Proposed computer build-HELP!!!! (1/1/2008 1:42:44 AM)

I think I can come close, but I doubt I'll buy it.

For reference:

E6850 dual core @3.0 GHz
2 GB Corsair Dominator @ 800 MHz
NVidia 8800 GTX
160 GB WD Rapture 10,000 RPM
Sb X-Fi Xtreme gamer

Processes WitP turns very fast [:D] But I wish I could have spent another $3,500.00USD. { my boss was cheap [:(][8D] }

marky -> RE: OT- Proposed computer build-HELP!!!! (1/1/2008 7:03:16 AM)

wat mobo do u haz nomad? [:)]

i want teh Evga 780i but its not in stock newher [:(]

Nomad -> RE: OT- Proposed computer build-HELP!!!! (1/1/2008 7:14:17 AM)

Who knows marky, it's a Dell, had to be for legal reasons.

AW1Steve -> RE: OT- Proposed computer build-HELP!!!! (1/1/2008 7:57:51 PM)

[:D] knowing Dell, like most corporate entities , it's no doubt pulled it off the market to "build anticipation" of it's next product. In other words , the usual idocy that they teach in buisiness schools these days....

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI