Transporting Battleground civil war to different computers (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers

zionj1 -> Transporting Battleground civil war to different computers (12/27/2007 5:14:50 PM)

I have the games installed on a portable hard drive and they work fine on my home computer but when i try to open them on my work computer i get the error message that there is a problem with my registration number. Is there a way that this can be fixed?

sterckxe -> RE: Transporting Battleground civil war to different computers (12/27/2007 6:58:54 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: zionj1
I have the games installed on a portable hard drive and they work fine on my home computer but when i try to open them on my work computer i get the error message that there is a problem with my registration number. Is there a way that this can be fixed?

Yup - simply install them on your computer@work as well [:D]

Ok, I realize that this is a) unadvisable as it can get you fired and b) sometimes simply not possible if you don't have the required user privileges.

Unfortunately the other possible method, which involves messing with the windows registry is then out as well

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

zionj1 -> RE: Transporting Battleground civil war to different computers (12/28/2007 2:45:37 AM)

Thanks Eddy but I do not have any priviledges to download anything on the work computer. I thought that since they are on a portable harddrive that they should play. I have another game on the same harddrive and it plays just fine through the work computer. Any other thoughts. The main titles will load but i get the error message when i try to open the game.

sterckxe -> RE: Transporting Battleground civil war to different computers (12/28/2007 9:11:53 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: zionj1
Thanks Eddy but I do not have any priviledges to download anything on the work computer. I thought that since they are on a portable harddrive that they should play. I have another game on the same harddrive and it plays just fine through the work computer.

It all depends on how the program is written. If it's self-contained it'll work, if it writes stuff to the windows registry or puts dll's in system directories it won't.

The reason Matrix Games don't work this way is because of the serial number security implementation. I won't go into specifics here but the two options I mentioned are unavailable to you if you don't have local admin user priviledges on that computer - i.e. you need to be able to install stuff.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI