Supply Query (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Gary Grigsby's War Between the States

lancer -> Supply Query (12/28/2007 9:45:21 AM)

Goodaye Joe,

I like the look of this game. Could you enlighten me on how the supply system works? I own WAW already so perhaps just the differences would suffice.

Many thanks.

Cheers,
Lancer

Joel Billings -> RE: Supply Query (12/29/2007 1:22:03 AM)

Supply units built and on the map just like WaW. However, they are not moved by the player, but move automatically via supply grids (down rail/transport uses less supplies, by road uses more, overland uses even more). The only thing a player can do is to build (or disband) a depot in an area. This costs supplies and freezes others in the depot. This depot can then help units in enemy territory to gain initiative (the mechanism by which leaders are able to move further and take offensive action). Supplies can be raided by enemy cavalry (captured and/or destroyed). Supplies are used for various functions like building forts, creating militia units and converting militia units to mounted units. Supplies are provided by free trade (for both sides) and this free trade can be interdicted by naval blockade and commerce raiders. Basically, like in WaW supplies are important and on the map, but unlike WaW we've taken some of the burden off players by not making them move the supplies around.

lancer -> RE: Supply Query (12/29/2007 2:49:24 AM)

Goodaye Joel,

O.K, thanks for the prompt reply. Apologise for getting you name wrong first up.

Happy New Year,
Lancer

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI