Nearly 5 Years Since "Screaming Eagles"? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

KG Erwin -> Nearly 5 Years Since "Screaming Eagles"? (12/28/2007 10:33:01 AM)

Can you believe it? I was struggling through some rough times, but managed to contribute a bit to it. Goblin was there, too, and did much to help complete it. Under Bill Wilder's leadership, it was completed, and everybody who contributed should be proud of it.

Steve Petersen -> RE: Nearly 5 Years Since "Screaming Eagles"? (12/28/2007 5:12:14 PM)

Great campaign. I played it through when I first started SPWAW. Really tough play when the panzers show up. Great thing about this game is you actually learn some things about strength/weaknesses of various types of units. Makes you appreciate what those guys did over there.

Goblin -> RE: Nearly 5 Years Since "Screaming Eagles"? (12/28/2007 5:24:21 PM)

5 years?!? [X(] It really doesn't seem that long...

I had fun on the team, though I still can't believe WB asked me aboard. Smart, wise man that Wild Bill is...[:'(]

One correction though - I did not really do as much as Glenn suggests. I wrote a few of the articles, and proofread for the other writers. I would have been reading something anyways, so it was not 'work' per se.

Glad to hear you enjoyed it, Steve! [:)]

Goblin

Alby -> RE: Nearly 5 Years Since "Screaming Eagles"? (12/28/2007 5:28:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Goblin
I would have been reading something anyways, so it was not 'work' per se.

Goblin

Read This!

[image]http://spwaw.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/loser.gif[/image]

[:D][:D][:D]

Goblin -> RE: Nearly 5 Years Since "Screaming Eagles"? (12/28/2007 5:44:25 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alby

quote:

ORIGINAL: Goblin
I would have been reading something anyways, so it was not 'work' per se.

Goblin

Read This!

[image]http://spwaw.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/loser.gif[/image]

[:D][:D][:D]

[sm=00000976.gif]

Zap -> RE: Nearly 5 Years Since "Screaming Eagles"? (12/29/2007 8:21:17 AM)

I bought the Generals Edition a year ago after speaking with you Glenn. An engaging Campaign played thru a couple of times.

junk2drive -> RE: Nearly 5 Years Since "Screaming Eagles"? (12/29/2007 6:12:12 PM)

I wasn't involved in the making, didn't purchase the Mega or GE, but I remember those days as the heyday of this forum.

I would come home from work and spend more time reading posts than playing the game.

Sad to see so many people have gone. Good to see a few coming back.

Mark Ezra -> RE: Nearly 5 Years Since "Screaming Eagles"? (1/6/2008 10:26:31 PM)

Five years...Seems like yesterday.  Still have my pin and autographed SE book...Working with Bill Wilder and all the Raiders was a great experience.

tracer -> RE: Nearly 5 Years Since "Screaming Eagles"? (2/6/2008 8:05:40 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Ezra

Five years...Seems like yesterday. Still have my pin and autographed SE book...Working with Bill Wilder and all the Raiders was a great experience.

Beer! [sm=00000436.gif]

[image]http://home.cfl.rr.com/lagoon/img/MCSE03.jpg[/image]

Oldguard1970 -> RE: Nearly 5 Years Since "Screaming Eagles"? (2/7/2008 4:16:47 AM)

If I want to play Screaming Eagles, I should purchase the General's edition... right?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI