Wanting to resurrect a TOAW2 scenario... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Scenario Design

Spook043 -> Wanting to resurrect a TOAW2 scenario... (12/31/2007 7:37:26 AM)

(In case this has been covered umpteen times before in this forum, I'll beg pardon, but my earlier forum searches didn't yield much.)

Recently purchasing TOAW3, I reviewed the modern-era scenarios concerning a hypothetical WWIII in NW Europe. I didn't find Trey Marshall's earlier TOAW2 scenarios for the US V and VII Corps sectors inlcuded, however.

The latter scenario (the "Hof Gap" region) is of particular interest, as I had made modifications to Trey's original scenario on this sector. It was more map changes than of force editing, but the biggest effort was revising and expanding the events list. I'd like to use that to review (hopefully remember) the earlier pitfalls I experienced with events-looping and whatnot.

I still have the revised scenario file (idle since 2002?), but don't have the TOAW2 game anymore nor did I follow up with purchase of ACOW. And TOAW3 doesn't seem to let me access this earlier TOAW2 scenario file.

Suggestions? Or if this scenario needs to be saved first in ACOW, anyone willing to take it through that step? Thanks for any responses.

marcusm -> RE: Wanting to resurrect a TOAW2 scenario... (12/31/2007 7:58:13 AM)

Here you can find the COW versions.

]Scenario Link

Spook043 -> RE: Wanting to resurrect a TOAW2 scenario... (12/31/2007 4:20:31 PM)

Thanks, that's very useful for reference if I want to start tinkering with the US V Corps scenario in some future date. I'll have to bookmark that site.

However, what would I need to do to get my own TOAW2 scenario edit to be "readable" to TOAW3? Does it need to be first opened, edited, and saved in ACOW, which I don't have? That's where someone with ACOW would be of added help here.

marcusm -> RE: Wanting to resurrect a TOAW2 scenario... (12/31/2007 10:30:27 PM)

Yep. Need to ask someone here to do it.

ColinWright -> RE: Wanting to resurrect a TOAW2 scenario... (12/31/2007 11:31:10 PM)

There's also a discless version of ACOW floating around. Best to get it from someone who can tell you how to install it, though.

Spook043 -> RE: Wanting to resurrect a TOAW2 scenario... (1/5/2008 8:04:51 AM)

That's interesting to note, Colin. However, on the premise that I don't know someone with this non-CD version of ACOW for accessing and installing, might then someone here with ACOW be willing to receive the scenario via e-mail to open and save the scenario in the ACOW editor?

JapLance -> RE: Wanting to resurrect a TOAW2 scenario... (1/5/2008 8:24:37 AM)

If it was saved in the latest version of TOAW2 it should work.

Send it to me at japlance-at-gmail-dot-com, and I'll try to re-save it in COW (or TOAW3) format.

JapLance -> RE: Wanting to resurrect a TOAW2 scenario... (1/5/2008 6:19:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JapLance

If it was saved in the latest version of TOAW2 it should work.

Send it to me at japlance-at-gmail-dot-com, and I'll try to re-save it in COW (or TOAW3) format.

It worked [8D]. It's on its way back to you [:D].

Spook043 -> RE: Wanting to resurrect a TOAW2 scenario... (1/5/2008 8:17:51 PM)

Sending thanks in the mail, but also here to cover the bases.

Yes, it's working now, both the application and editor loaded it up okay. My guess why it wouldn't do so earlier is either that I didn't have my version of TOAW2 (when I still had it) fully updated, or that the scenario still needed to be loaded and saved in some interim version of ACOW.

Well done, JapLance. [:)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI