Leader Casualties (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support

Mardonius -> Leader Casualties (1/2/2008 10:13:37 PM)

Here is an observation that may bear easy fixing:

I noted that my leaders -- and those of my foes -- started dying like flies. So I did some thinking --always a dangerous prospect.

I actually read the manual -- ok part of it -- last night and noted that per the manual leaders are injured on a "12" out of a random selection of a number ranging from 1 to 12. So there is an even distibution of outcomes and the leader has a one in 12 chance of being injured/killed.

However, in the board game version a leader was injured or killed on a "12" when one rolled two dice. In such a bell curve distribution, one gets a "12" only one in 36 times vice the one in 12 times in the even distribution inherent in random 1-12 selection.

So in effect, in the computer version -- if it has been programmed per the manual -- leaders are WIA/KIA three times more often than the board game. I would think this could be easily fixed. Thoughts?

GZEPKA -> RE: Leader Casualties (1/2/2008 10:46:32 PM)

I found that leaders seem to die alot, in the eianw game I played.  Maybe they were unlucky. 

Monadman -> RE: Leader Casualties (1/2/2008 11:59:13 PM)

Yes, got it. Already reported and fixed in 1.01 and in the in-game manual too.

Thanks

Richard

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI