Error when loading saved game (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Commander's Edition >> Tech Support

RolandRahn_MatrixForum -> Error when loading saved game (1/3/2008 12:14:04 AM)

Hi!

Description: When attempting to load attached saved game, an error occurs:
GetAnnexError
GetMemAnnex Error: IS_DISK(52685[0xcdcd])=1299473735
This message has been logged. The program will now terminate

Environment: Unpatched HCE verion on a Wiondows XP PC.

Remarks: Game was a user scenario in EC2003 North Atlantic. Relatively small blue force (5 cuters, 6 planes and a few helos/naval eyes) vs. giant red fleet.

Best regards,
Roland

TonyE -> RE: Error when loading saved game (1/3/2008 1:45:14 AM)

Roland, can you pass on the scenario file as well or point us where to get it?  Thank you.

RolandRahn_MatrixForum -> RE: Error when loading saved game (1/3/2008 10:07:43 PM)

Hi Tony,

many thanks for your quick reply.

Attached is the scenario file itself.

What happened was:
- during gameplay, to my best rememberance a warning was displayed that one of my air groups did not have the range to reach something - impossible, as it was a Reaper with a range of 3024 nm, able to reach any port or task group in this scenario. After this, the game crashed.
- I tried to reload the last automatically saved file, and since then the loading error occured.

So, maybe the crash happened during automatically saving the file, interrupting the save process and therefore creating an incomplete save file?

Now, I have two other points:

(1) Please don't get confused by the intro text - it is part of a series of IOPG scenarios, and this single North Atlantic scenario will be part of this series describing an attempted terror attack against the US east coast. So, the Intro text starts with what had happened in the last scenario wich occured in the indian ocean.

(2) This is a HIGHLY UNUSUAL, EXPERIMENTAL AND NOT FINISHED work. So, if this is just a problem because I had a very unusual force selection or something like that: Forget this error, just tell me what I shouldn't do or I will trash this scenario completely. It doesn't make sense to hunt down a bug that will only appear in extremely unusual scenarios when 5 blue coast guard cutters are facing more than 100 red ships (I will probably trash this scenario anyway as I am not sure if it is appropriate to publish such a scenario after September 11th, 2001).

Best regards and many thanks for your hard work,
Roland

PS: Please don't get me wrong, I am *highly satisfied* with HCE. I regard this bug just as one of the last toothing problems of HCE.

TonyE -> RE: Error when loading saved game (1/3/2008 11:03:34 PM)

Hi Roland,
    The save is indeed unuseable (the crash here is happening while loading the save, not as a result of a game action).  Fletcher did some good work resolving a number of save problems but obviously there is at least one bug still out there.  So I think your hypothesis is correct, the crash most likely happened during the save.  fwiw I rarely use the auto save and just manually rotate thru ten saved games for each scenario I play. 
    That said, if anyone is able to find a recreatable crash upon save it would be helpful in debugging, they are extremely rare [:(].
    There should be no problem pitting 5 cutters against 100 red ships, part of the beauty of the game.  I'm glad you are satisfied with the game, nobody need be afraid of reporting a bug [:)].  I played thru the scenario a bit from the start and didn't run into any trouble.  Please keep us informed.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI