Sieges? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815

baboune -> Sieges? (1/8/2008 12:27:33 AM)

Quick one about a siege.

If I have a corps in a province containing an enemy city with a garrison and I specifically forage without using the unused movement points, should I be allowed to besiege the city and assault?

Rules 11.4 siege:
A phasing force that just attacked and won a field or trivial combat in an area may then besiege an enemy city in that same area if all corps in the phasing force used depot (regular, sea and/or invasion) supply, and/or did not use unused movement points to modify a foraging random number.

zaquex -> RE: Sieges? (1/8/2008 1:39:21 AM)

I would think yes.

carnifex -> RE: Sieges? (1/8/2008 3:19:35 AM)

remember you have to actually move your corps "into" the city or else the siege won't start

Soapy Frog -> RE: Sieges? (1/8/2008 7:19:50 AM)

Yes there is the neccessity to move your corps to the city "area". It is not intuitive, but think of it like the city and the rural area are two seperate spaces that cost 0 move to move between. You must be located in the "urban" area not the "rural" area in order to conduct an assault.

It is unfortunately an unnecessary extra step, the option to assault should simply be automatic if you are in the area and did not use movement for forage.

baboune -> RE: Sieges? (1/8/2008 10:01:40 AM)

Ahhh!  Will try that...  It is really not intuitive at all.  Is it in the game documentation?

Bearcat2 -> RE: Sieges? (1/8/2008 2:54:01 PM)

10.4.3 covers the "in city" besieging units

Marshall Ellis -> RE: Sieges? (1/8/2008 3:24:59 PM)

That is correct. You must move to the city. I agree that it can be difficult to determine (And not intuitive) when a unit is in the city with the map space and counter sizes. I did flag the units that are in the city OR besieging the city with a small white square in the upper corner of the unit.

baboune -> RE: Sieges? (1/8/2008 3:34:39 PM)

Thanks for the white square. The problem is as you said that it is not very visible. Would it be possible to have a different corps icon when besieging? To indicate that the siege is in effect.

Marshall Ellis -> RE: Sieges? (1/8/2008 3:39:18 PM)

Not impossible. We'll look at enhancement methods for this.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI