Befuddled Newbie Question No. 24 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room

Koniev -> Befuddled Newbie Question No. 24 (1/12/2008 12:57:46 AM)

I've been reading the manual. In section 13.2.2, under Aircraft Factories, it states the following:

"In order for these aircraft to be added to the replacement pool, there must be an equal number of aircraft engines of the appropriate type(see Engine Factories, below) required by the aircraft built(only for Japanese aircraft, Allied aircraft do not require engines) ......."

Have I have discovered the real reason we won the war? What'd they use...levitation?...magic carpets?...devine inspiraton?....warp drive?

Or does all the boilerplate about engine production/airframe apply only to the Japanese?

Terminus -> RE: Befuddled Newbie Question No. 24 (1/12/2008 1:27:17 AM)

Only the Japs need to build aircraft engines.

USSAmerica -> RE: Befuddled Newbie Question No. 24 (1/12/2008 1:35:30 AM)

Engine production, along with a lot of other Allied industry is abstracted. 

Mistmatz -> RE: Befuddled Newbie Question No. 24 (1/12/2008 1:38:17 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Koniev

Have I have discovered the real reason we won the war? What'd they use...levitation?...magic carpets?...devine inspiraton?....warp drive?

I sense a good start for japanese fanboyism here. [8D][;)]

wwengr -> RE: Befuddled Newbie Question No. 24 (1/12/2008 3:22:53 AM)

Everyone knows that that Allies won the war because a modern Nuclear Attack Carrier ran into some mysterious fog and was transported back to WWII.

Knavey -> RE: Befuddled Newbie Question No. 24 (1/12/2008 6:13:26 AM)

The Final Countdown!

Feinder worked on that a scenario a few years back.  Modelled the whole thing from the CVN to the F-14s.

Wonder if it is still out there?

madgamer2 -> RE: Befuddled Newbie Question No. 24 (1/13/2008 12:38:20 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: wwengr

Everyone knows that that Allies won the war because a modern Nuclear Attack Carrier ran into some mysterious fog and was transported back to WWII.

alas to many of them old movies LOL

Kawrence

rogue -> RE: Befuddled Newbie Question No. 24 (1/13/2008 6:57:50 AM)

Actually the old solitare board game Carrier (focus was on the South Pacific Campaign) had the Final Countdown as an option for playing.  The designers said the game was a little difficult for the US player, so they could subsitute the entire US WWII Pacific Fleet for the Nimitz and its strike aircraft. Actually seeing the Final Countdown as a scenerio would really be cool.

HansBolter -> RE: Befuddled Newbie Question No. 24 (1/24/2008 5:42:45 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rogue

Actually the old solitare board game Carrier (focus was on the South Pacific Campaign) had the Final Countdown as an option for playing.  The designers said the game was a little difficult for the US player, so they could subsitute the entire US WWII Pacific Fleet for the Nimitz and its strike aircraft. Actually seeing the Final Countdown as a scenerio would really be cool.

I have that game!

On those same lines, in another Victory Game, Panzer Command, they included a modern tank unit counter as a comparison to teh WWII tanks.

In addition, didn't Squad Leader havd a Seargent Steiner counter?

Gem35 -> RE: Befuddled Newbie Question No. 24 (1/25/2008 5:02:51 AM)

I wonder what that Nuclear Carrier's Commander's ratings were....
Also, what about pilot morale and what would be a good altitude for those f-14s to bomb at?

wwengr -> RE: Befuddled Newbie Question No. 24 (1/25/2008 1:22:07 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gem35

I wonder what that Nuclear Carrier's Commander's ratings were....
Also, what about pilot morale and what would be a good altitude for those f-14s to bomb at?

Leadership - 50
Inspiration - 50
Naval - 01
Agression - 99

Obviously he had to be clueless and wreckless to go charging into a mysterious teleporting fog.[:D]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI