What Mod to use ?? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room

olorin42 -> What Mod to use ?? (1/14/2008 8:18:17 AM)

I'm playing the AI - I know that PBEM would be more challenging but I can't consistently commit the time and that's not fair to an opponent. I've seen some of the map / OB issues with Stock. What mods are playable against the AI?

rockmedic109 -> RE: What Mod to use ?? (1/14/2008 8:38:12 AM)

I like CHS.  It really cannot be played against the Allied AI, but does a decent job playing the Japanese AI.  A reasonable set of house rules and playing historically will enhance your gameplay.

An even better idea would be to go into the DB editor and scenario editor and play a little bit.  Reduce the Hong Kong Fortifications to 1 {easiest} or add a bunch of guns to the Division Attacking Hong Kong.  Reducing the forts to 2 is not enough {from my game}.

The Pearl Harbor attack is nearly always anemic.  Add 99% Flotation damage to Oklahoma and Arizona;  and have Maryland, Tennessee and Pennsylvania arrive on Dec 8 with 30-40 Sys damage to simulate the inability of them to be struck by torpedoes.  I add 30-15-15{sys, fires, flot} to Maryland and Tennessee {perhaps a bit heavy on the damage} and 40-15-0 to Pennsylvania {I read she didn't have her propellers on at the time of the attack and was in a dry dock---hence 0 flooding}.

Adding a bunch of pilots to IJA an IJN {both the monthly figure and the pool} will help them stay competitive, but with the NikMod version, it may not be needed.  I have not noticed a drop in Japanese pilot skill by May 1942 with this version.

There is a thread somewhere on house rules....by Halsey, I think.  Good reading with many good ideas.

cantona2 -> RE: What Mod to use ?? (1/14/2008 12:39:43 PM)

CHS for PBEM

sventhebold -> RE: What Mod to use ?? (1/18/2008 1:07:38 AM)

So if CHS is for PBEM what does a green horn like me do to change or enhance to basic box version. That is without an enormous headache of changes. I'm NOT an expert at computer files swapping skills oh great computer gods abide in my prayers.[&o][&o][&o][&o]

Knavey -> RE: What Mod to use ?? (1/19/2008 5:17:46 AM)

Sven,

Be patient when installing CHS.  I have never been able to get it to work, but dropped out pretty quick.  Feinder (my brother) has it installed on his box and I do have to admit it is very pretty. 

Gen.Hoepner -> RE: What Mod to use ?? (1/19/2008 9:50:59 AM)

It's very simple. Just follow what this site tells you...

http://www.bur.st/~akbrown/witp/CHS_download.html

sventhebold -> RE: What Mod to use ?? (1/20/2008 1:13:32 AM)

Thanks to all of you I've just cranked up my new CHS game and now comes the hard part decisions decisions
What goes where and so on but that brings the challenge and the excitement. Thanks again.[:)][:)][:)]

sven

sventhebold -> RE: What Mod to use ?? (1/20/2008 5:42:28 AM)

BTW It's ONLY 22 below outside so I'll snuggle up next to my computer to stay warm.

sven

sventhebold -> RE: What Mod to use ?? (1/20/2008 10:06:22 PM)

Knavey your right i cant get it to work either. Rats. I have reloaded it and redownloaded the zips
and nothing the maps dont line up. I went back and trouble shot the instructions no changes.[:@][:@][:@]

sven

bradfordkay -> RE: What Mod to use ?? (1/20/2008 11:15:30 PM)

sven, you have the wrong pwhex file loaded for the map you are using.

Did you run the ModSelect batch file after unzipping all the map and scenario date into your installation?

sventhebold -> RE: What Mod to use ?? (1/21/2008 1:30:59 AM)

bradfordkay, Yes I did use the Modselect after but it didn't make any difference, I reloaded the files and ran the mod selector again. It still was off. So I set it back to plain jane and that works fine. So it must be a bad file download of the scenarios  I guess but I am tired of farting around with it for now and think what is going wrong.[&:][&:][&:] 

sventhebold -> RE: What Mod to use ?? (1/21/2008 8:37:51 PM)

Okay bradfordkay which file is the best to

CHS Download

CHS Components | Maps | Base Package | Scenarios | Installation | Documentation | Revision History | Alternative Art

CHS Components:

To play a CHS scenario, all of the following components must be downloaded and installed:

1. Andrew Brown's standard WitP map package.

2. Andrew Brown's extended WitP map package.

3. The CHS BASE package. This package contains all of the required CHS art, as well as the CHS documentation.

4. The CHS scenario(s) that you are interested in.

Maps:To play CHS, both the standard and extended versions of Andrew Brown's map must be installed. To install the maps, download the two map packages from  Andrew Brown's War in the Pacific Map page. Installation instructions are given in the README files included with the packages.

CHS Base package:
The CHS Base package is a single zip file containing all of the CHS aircraft and ship art, as well as all of the CHS documentation. This package does NOT contain the CHS scenarios themselves, which must be downloaded separately. The CHS Base package has been designed this way so that it does not have to be updatede, and then downloaded, every time an update is made to the CHS scenarios themselves.

The CHS Base package is designed to be compatible with all version 2.x CHS scenarios, so that if you download an updated version of the scenario, you do not need to download the base package again.

The CHS Base package is available for download from the following locations:

CHS base package, version 2d (22 MB)
[image]http://www.bur.st/~akbrown/witp/compressed.gif[/image]
Alterative location 1 - Spooky's site

[image]http://www.bur.st/~akbrown/images/compressed.gif[/image]
Alterative location 2 - Richards War in the Pacific Page

[image]http://www.bur.st/~akbrown/images/compressed.gif[/image]
Alterative location 3 - Jeff Weatherspoon's site

CHS base package art update, version 2d (789 KB)

This file contains a number of ship and aircraft art files that replace faulty files that were included in earlier CHS base packages for CHS 2.x. This file can be downloaded and installed if you have already installed the CHS Base package version 2, 2b or 2c.

This package will update earlier versions of the base packages to the same level as version 2d.

The fixed files will prevent the problem where some Allied and Japanese ships will appear in the surface combat screen with pink backgrounds, and some Allied planetop art mismatches.

[image]http://www.bur.st/~akbrown/witp/compressed.gif[/image]
CHS base package art update

CHS Scenarios:
Scenario variants:

There are several variants of CHS. The available CHS scenarios contain a combination of these variants, as indicated in the table below. The current variants are as follows:

1. Soviet Navy variant. This variant is designed to be played by PBEM, or playing as the Allies against the Japanese AI. In this version, The Soviet fleet is present from the start of the scenario. This variant can ONLY be played if the Game Option "Automatic Submarine Options"  ("Auto Sub Ops") is NOT used, as the AI cannot properly handle a Soviet fleet.

2. No Soviet navy variant. This variant is designed to be played by PBEM, playing as the Allies against the Japanese AI or playing as the Japanese against the Allied AI. In this version, the Soviet fleet becomes available around the time of automatic Soviet activation (450801) and not before, even if the Soviets are attacked. Note: CHS is not really designed to be played with an Allied AI, due to difficulties that the AI has with some of the new island bases that have been added to the scenario.
  3. Modified A2A variant: This variant has modified scenario data similar to that used in the "Nik Mod", version 9+, by Nikademus. Specifically, the following data changes are applied:

• The durability values of all aircraft except are increased.
    • The effect rating of most AA/DP weapons has been increased to compensate.
    • The accuracy ratings of all air-to-air weapons has been decreased.
    • The maximum speed value range has been compressed by halving the difference between actual aircraft max speed and a centre point of 350 MPH.
    • Some Japanese aircraft use modified centreline mount weapons with increased accuracy. See the Nik Mod notes for details.
    • Many aircraft armour values have been increased.

Thanks to Nikademus for modifying these scenarios.
  4. Experimental A2A variant: This variant has modified scenario data, especially for aircraft, in an attempt to reduce the "bloodiness" of air-to-air combat, as well as some other "experimental" changes. The purpose of this scenario variant is to allow testing of these changes in an in-game environment. Specifically, the following data changes are applied:

• The starting experience values of all Allied pilots has been decreased by 10%, except for USN pilots.
    • The starting experience values of all USN and Japanese pilots has been decreased by 5%.
    • The Zero bonus has been removed (this is compensated for by the larger reduction in Allied pilot experience).
    • The durability values of all fighter aircraft, including float fighters, night fighters and fighter-bombers are increased by 60%.
    • The durability values of all other aircraft are increased by 40%.
    • The effect rating of all AA/DP weapons has been increased by 30%.
    • The maximum speed value range has been compressed by halving the difference between actual aircraft max speed and a centre point of 350 MPH.
    • The accuracy of all air launched torpedoes - Japanese and Allied - has been reduced by 25% (ship and sub launched torpedo accuracy is unchanged).

This variant is UNTESTED and EXPERIMENTAL. Use at your own risk! This variant may also change, depending on the success, or otherwise, of these modifications.
Download:
The following CHS scenario variants are currently available to be downloaded:

A2A variant:
Variant

Soviet Navy NOT available
until August 1945

Soviet Navy available
at start of scenario

Suitable for:
PBEM
Allied vs Japanese AI
Japanese vs Allied AI

Suitable for:
PBEM (Auto Sub Ops OFF)
Allied vs Japanese AI (Auto Sub Ops OFF)

Standard

[image]http://www.bur.st/~akbrown/witp/compressed.gif[/image] Scenario 155, version 2.08

[image]http://www.bur.st/~akbrown/witp/compressed.gif[/image] Scenario 156, version 2.08

Modified
[image]http://www.bur.st/~akbrown/witp/compressed.gif[/image] Scenario 157, version 2.08c

[image]http://www.bur.st/~akbrown/witp/compressed.gif[/image] Scenario 158, version 2.08c

Experimental

[image]http://www.bur.st/~akbrown/witp/compressed.gif[/image] Scenario 159, version 2.08
[image]http://www.bur.st/~akbrown/witp/compressed.gif[/image] Scenario 160, version 2.08use. I have been trying to use these or am I reading it wrong?

bradfordkay -> RE: What Mod to use ?? (1/21/2008 10:44:57 PM)

Right now Chez and I are playing Scen 159, the CHS Ezperimental. We wanted to play around with some alternative to the stock A2A module, and this one seems less drastic than the NikMod version.

We have been enjoying it tremendously. You are not likely to get an "uberCAP" situation with this one as it seems that some bobmers will always get through (though we are only now ending 1942, so we aren't sure what it'll be like in '44 with much larger numbers of aircraft).

sventhebold -> RE: What Mod to use ?? (1/27/2008 5:05:03 AM)

Guys guys I am so stoked I think i got it!!![:)][:)][:)] You know when you stare at something too long it kinda becomes a blur so i walked away from it for a while and tried again now it seems to be WORKING!!!
Now onto world domination. Har..

sven

vvidas -> RE: What Mod to use ?? (2/5/2008 11:46:17 AM)

The links don't work, or I'm doing something wrong. [:(]  Is there some other place from where I can download CHS mod?

rtrapasso -> RE: What Mod to use ?? (2/5/2008 2:19:35 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Uskok

The links don't work, or I'm doing something wrong. [:(]  Is there some other place from where I can download CHS mod?

Links don't work for me either (they time-out).

Go to Andrew Brown's site (you can find address in the "stickied" WITP-sites section) - this should work... of course, there could be something wrong with the site right now.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI